1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes I know what you mean.Try this file, I have written the IN-Game and Base settings for your csl dd into the file.The only thing you can change is reduce FX if you want less street feel or increase FX if you want more street feel depending on your taste

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. manicminer

manicminer New Member

Thank you. 62 Gain feels incredibly heavy on the 8nm, 44 Gain and 9 FX feels great though!
    Really appreciate you taking the time to share this, thank you, it feels just right now for me. Thank you :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Danielkart

A

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  4. manicminer

manicminer New Member

Sorry, think my editing crossed over with your reply... What were those two lines to edit? The grind in the turn? Lowering FX helped smooth that out :)

Just came back to thank you again. For over a year, I've been trying to find a custom FFB that feels right and doesn't need tweaking apart from per car FFB gain, like in iRacing.

Thank you so much, feel really happy with how the cars feel now in AMS2.

Completely transforms the AMG GT4 from a slippery beast into something I can actually drive now and, unless I'm imagining it, I can really feel how the steering becomes heavier when I brake, amazing stuff...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Danielkart

That's good. You have chosen your own settings according to your taste. That's how it should always be, I hope you enjoy it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. manicminer

manicminer New Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me and for everything that you've done for this community.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Danielkart

I can give you another tip for your Csl dd. FEI is a big amplifier at the Fanatec bases. The higher you choose this value, the less FX and gain you will need. I was never keen on FEI on my dd1 it gave me an unnatural and very grainy feel and I always reduced this value to 20-30%. Switching to Simucube confirmed this change to me again and again. With a csl dd I would maybe test 40 or 50% FEI and increase the FX and gain a little. Maybe this will make you feel even better. Just try it and ultimately decide on your personal preference;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Indeed. FEI is not a great setting to use with high settings. I mostly use just 40%.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Danielkart

Good decision from you. For me the Simucube2 is the gold standard of bases. I compared it with the Fanatec dd1. In order to get closer to the Simucube2 it was necessary to greatly reduce this FEI (amplifier). What is now important for the various base manufacturers is their own FFB software. And there are huge differences between good and bad implementations

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bull Shark

I told myself not to buy Fanatec gear again once my CSL DD is EOL. I have a great time with it but there are better options these days. :D

11. manicminer

manicminer New Member

Same set up as me but mine is only a year old. Daniel's posts are already giving me fomo on the Simucube base though plus Davecam's review of the P1x frame... If only I knew now what I didn't know then...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bull Shark

Indeed. Well some day my gear will brake down. Or if I win the lottery It will be replaced sooner. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Danielkart

With Fanatec you can also achieve good results if the settings are correct. The bigger problem with Fanatec is the many, many, many problems they are currently having. Delivery delays, delivery difficulties, poor service, almost no support, QR problems, flex on dd1 and dd2 and and and... that's why I wouldn't go to Fanatec anymore

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bull Shark

Exactly that indeed.

15. zzigg

zzigg New Member AMS2 Club Member

here dd1 since may 2019 and everything works well

16. Codexas

Codexas New Member

How to prevent 0 steering angle wild FFB on G27? Is this correct? (FFB goes nuts on straight with 0 degree steering angle)

Like the G27 is going to fall apart. Only when at speed and precisely 0 degree steering angle (dead straight wheel).

[​IMG]

17. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FEI is not an amplifier. FEI 100 passes on a hard FFB signal 1:1. If FEI is reduced, the signal is smoothed and details are lost. Fanatec recommends not setting this value below 70 as this increases the latency enormously. Instead of FEI, you should use the INT filter to soften the FFB signal. The higher the INT filter is set, the softer the FB signal becomes.

18. Danielkart

A persistent misconception. I have enough comparisons to know it's wrong. I already set it up like this when I didn't have Simucube2 yet. When I had Simucube2 for comparison, it was confirmed for me. If you trust Fanatec with all the misinformation and other problems, that's your business. The latency is not increased that's crap, or do you have proof or does Fanatec have proof? Believing something from Fanatec is like playing roulette but you can believe whatever you want. To each his own:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you say it, it must be true, contrary to all Fanatec employees. They know nothing compared to you. Everyone can do what they want here, but I'm just saying that Fanatec thinks it's wrong to downgrade FEI like this. Mutilating a 1:1 signal to such an extent and then amplifying the rest again with FX controls does not seem to me to be the logical approach.

20. Danielkart

FX is an important and very good control in Ams2 that brings out a lot of details and good FFB and not using it is wrong in my opinion. That's exactly what you have to do because you set FEI so high, you'll never get the details, just a permanent, even grind that has nothing to do with FFB at all. By the way, it's exactly the same with all other Sims. But as I said, you decided it for yourself and I decided it for myself. So
    everything is good

Even Reiza recommends FX 10-50 for a dd1. Fanatec recommends 0. This is exactly why they recommend 0, because FEI at 100% amplifies everything and causes an annoying continuous loop. But that has nothing to do with Reiza's internal FFB signal. For me it's a bad "can effect" of Fanatec's internal FFB software processing

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024