Better HUD with Sim Dashboard

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Leynad, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I designed a HUD for Sim Dashboard over the weekend that combines every IMO necessary information on one page only and well readable with my Google Pixel 2XL, but should also work with a bit smaller phones if they have a Full HD display. It should be fully multi-lingual apart from the English and should show °F and Mph if AMS2 is set up for that.

Engine-wear and temps are missing in AMS2, which is a thing and needed to set up the engine cooling. Liters per lap and forecast what's left at the end (L-END) is a must-have. The app only offers aero-damage while AMS2 only offers suspension damage in the HUD. I also like to see what session I'm running, if the headlights are on and sometimes I hop on a lobby-server and forgot to notice what car I choosed and what layout is active, so all in one HUD:)

Sim-Dashboard-AMS2.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Nice one mate. But I use SimHub and prefer to have the same dash(but add more info) as the car I'm driving. I'm making as many cars dash in AMS 2 as I can be bothered for SimHub now. I've done 4, lol, long way to go.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use SimHub only for tactile feedback with ETS2/ATS and BeamNG and looks very similar. What might be better with Sim Dashboard is the ease of use. I put the PC-app in the Autostart-folder and don't have to activate it for the games. The smartphone-app selects automatically the game what's running on default, which might still need to setup the telemetry-output to pCars 2 once in the PC-app, but other than that the PC-app is just for running in the background and doesn't need to be activated like Crew Chief, SimHub or Sim Commander.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

5. 2ndLastJedi

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't read sarcasm from text, but... There are.. even Kart-dashes. Still need to buy a tiny lcd and bolt it to my simlab-rig, but somehow a Renovatio seems cool aswell.

7. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like using Sim Dashboard, you can edit it while the game is running and there is a good choice of community and dev designs. It sometimes gets confused whether it's running PC2 or AMS2 though, but I've copied the same dash layout to each program so it works fine.
    This is how I have mine running, I made a custom dash to show all the bits I need in AMS2
    Sim Dashboard setup.jpg
    I added an LED strip above it, which is a big improvement on the pretend LEDs on the dash app.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

It was full of sarcasm, that's what :p was trying to signify.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

I haven't tried the other dash apps but SimHub was my first pick and it's been fantastic, great for dash info but drives my Buttkicker so well also.

This is my latest for the Metalmoro MRX with pages on the Fuel Tech display that change with a button press to give more info like race position, lap count and tyre temps. Amazing that even I can do this.
    IMG_20210128_082331.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

11. 2ndLastJedi

12. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gabe_777

Gabe_777 New Member

May I ask if Simhub shakers and Dash can be used simultaneously... is there any lag ?

Also, can Simhub be used for Shakers but Simdashboard for the display ?

Thnx

14. Gabe_777

Gabe_777 New Member

How does it know how much will be left at the end ?

15. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I'm using Simhub with one dash on a tablet, another on my Leoxz wheel and a third dash on a DIY Racelogic box. I also use shakers, and Simhub controls the Leoxz wheel via a plugin.
    Haven´t noticed any lag yet :)

And you can use as many different dash apps as you wan't, the game broadcast telemetry data, and the various apps just display those data.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1