Brakes Stuck On Start (?)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Fletcher, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Fletcher

Fletcher New Member

I'm encountering a really weird issue on AMS 1.4.1.3.2157.avx: In the open-wheel cars, when I first get manual control on pit-out, the brakes are completely locked up and the car usually drifts into the wall (I can get out on Donington Park; Brands Hatch is a trip into the wall 95% of the time). I can see that the front wheels are barely spinning and I have minimal directional control. So far I can get out of this by either 1) driving for about 10 seconds while trailing white smoke, which seems to clear the malfunction, or 2) jumping back to the escape menu, then re-entering the car, which clears the malfunction. If my speed ever drops to 0, it seems to reoccur. If I start a race from a standing start, the car stalls out rather than rolling forward when I let up on the clutch, which suggests a similar brake-locking issue. I've calibrated my pedals, and they look fine in the Windows joystick viewer widget, so I'm confused. I haven't tried every car in AMS2 (just purchased this weekend) but Formula Vee and Formula Trainer are definitely impacted; GT3, GT4 and GT5 cars seem not to be. My setup is a G27 wheel, and G27 pedals with a Bodnar USB adapter.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I had this also, I just restarted session and it was fixed.

3. Fletcher

Fletcher New Member

I've tried restarting session, but this hits me when I'm trying to race with friends online. It's a bit of a bummer when your buddies take off and you're sitting, stalled, at the starting line...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Firbob

Firbob New Member

Was this ever fixed? I Have the same issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

I never experienced this when rolling out of the pit lane, but have had an occasional occurrence during a single race start.