1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brazilian V8 stock car coming to iRacing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kurupt CDN, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Member Reiza Backer

2. Marius H

Marius H Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

Urgh. They feel the heat of AMS 2 :O With a little unluck AMS 1 and 2 might lose some Brasil racers

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Member Reiza Backer

I was quite surprised by the announcement tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free ****ing speech Reiza Backer

Well Reiza just need to grab the V8SC licence then :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

The 2021 Stock cars are not only some of the best content in AMS2, but in sim racing in general IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

Dollar exchange rate compared to local currency is still quite prohibitive, so it is unlikely people simply disband to iRacing just because of that content.

However, AMS2 is currently failing when it comes to league racing, the overall MP experience isn't great and the game isn't particularly cheap for brazillian standards, which probably isn't attracting users either.

With that said, I think iRacing is (paradoxically) actually growing inside the brazillian market because TK often streams, do community races and iRacing giveaways.

Barrichello (father and son) did some iRacing too, but haven't been online for a while.

Then Felipe Drugovich (F2 driver), Bortoletto (F3 driver) and the Fittipaldi brothers (Pietro is an F1 reserve driver and races IndyCar; Enzo is currently in F2) also stream iRacing - the Fittipaldi do it quite often.

So the brazillian public is really getting exposed to iRacing and this is the main reason (I think) for the growth in that sim popularity in the country. Having the official Stock Car series on the sim will reinforce the desire to subscribe - but as I said, it is still a prohibitive exchange rate for weak currencies like ours.