Bug: v1.5 No engine sound in replay in cockpit view

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Pav, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Pav

Pav Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely loving v1.5, but I did notice one issue I haven't noticed before that I wanted to share (I am new to the forum, so please let me know if there's a better / more visible place to report issues). I am encountering a bug where replays have none of my own engine sound in cockpit view. I am not so sure about other views, but I believe it was missing from there as well. I hear all other cars' engines, and I hear my own tires. The issue is resolved after restarting the game (and one time, it seemed I needed to restart my computer). I encountered this ~4-5x. I don't believe it's car specific, encountered this in a few different cars / tracks.

I didn't nail replicating, but I was essentially trying to get some cool racing replays to share on social media., e.g. Radillion / eau rouge in Spa, since it's so early and I wanted just the right shot, I would start a single player race, drive, watch the replay, maybe rewind back and forth a bit, and if I didn't like the shot, I'd just restart the race (without exiting the session) since it's such an early corner and rinse and repeat. I encountered the missing engine sound issue maybe 4-5x, and it seemed fairly repeatable. I do think it seems related to the restarting / rewatching replays many times in a session, but not sure.

2. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

I had a similar issue in 1.4.8 with the formula inter.
    Every cam had engine sound, besides the cockpit one.

3. Ricky Lee

Ricky Lee New Member

The P4 and some P3 cars, most have no cockpit sounds in replay, only trackside option has sounds but very sporadic sounds. And also some headless drivers in replay cockpit view.......thank you

4. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg New Member

Hi everyone! Just downloaded this sim tonight (wow, by the way). Can confirm the same is happening here as well. So far, the Formula Reiza, Group C, and classic Porsche Carrera have next to no engine volume. I can hop into one of the GT3, GT4, or Mini Challenge cars and the sound is perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

After I saw this thread I have tested different cars.
    And found a lot of car/track combies where both own engine souund and some other sound channels are completely lacking.
    One reason more for me to only drive a small portfolio of cars :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Nice avatar Beefy:D

• Like Like x 2