can someone try the GT1 Wets on a wet/soaked track?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JavierZumaeta, Sep 1, 2023.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

It's probably just me and my lack of skill, but I can't drive with the wet tires at all. I want to confirm whether it's me, or whether these particular tires need another performance pass. This isn't about the AI balance - they seem to be correct - I feel like the problem is I just can't perform with these tires whatsoever. Maybe I just need to get good. But I'd like to know if the player's wet tire is performing as intended?

Can someone try driving on them and confirm that you think they're performing as intended?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not just you, the AI is simply too fast compared to their dry times on most tracks. Did a little test in Imola 2001 and my best time on a soaked track was a 2:05.5 while in the dry it was a 1:41.9. The AI (100%)meanwhile did a 1:44.8 on the dry and a 2:03.0 on the wet. They lost 18 seconds compared to my almost 24 seconds, so that's the main issue. The handling in the wet is perfectly fine in my opinion and the delta is just about right in this class compared to others, the AI is just not calibrated enough yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

the delta between dry and wet you mean? My experience with the AI has been overwhelmingly positive, in this class and others, in dry and wet conditions - except for the GT1 where I just can't get a handle on the wet tires. I can drive ok in the wet in other cars. It's just the GT1s where it super difficult, no matter how much slower I go, I just can't break, can't turn - which leads me to think that it's the tires (or just me).

But I hear ya though, if the amount the time lost in the wet seems right to you, then, yeah that's significant - and it might be the AI. hmm.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Correct, the delta between the time lost on the dry vs the wet. Normally in real life the time lost is 20+ seconds between a dry and properly wet track, I lost 24 seconds, so that's about right but the AI lost only 18 seconds, so I went from being 3 seconds faster to almost 3 seconds slower. Even if I had a perfect lap the best I could do was maybe 1.5 seconds faster so I would have still ended up losing about 4.5 seconds relative to the AI compared to the dry, I could understand losing 1, maybe 2 seconds to the AI due to maybe not being good enough in the wet, but losing 5+ seconds is just overpowered AI.

You're having trouble turning because you are locking your brakes, try lowering the pressure and lift and coast,also do a quick stomp on the brakes but release pressure quickly and try to feed the brakes little by little, the GT1's are a proper challenge to drive in the wet, but very fun.

• Friendly Friendly x 1