Can't get AMS2 to recognize/calibrate Fanatec wheel and/or pedals? Look here.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by whitestar, Jul 6, 2022.

1. whitestar

whitestar New Member

I'm making this post in order to hopefully spare others the frustrations I had myself. AMS2 is extremely (and unneccessarily) picky with how you set it up. You don't just have to select the correct options, you also have to do things in the correct order.

The main tip is to first go to Options -> Controls
    1. Under CONTROL SCHEME make sure you select:
    TYPE – Wheel
    MAKE – Custom
    PEDAL TYPE – Separate
    You can also set the bottom 4 options as desired, but importantly: Don't calibrate the wheel or pedals yet!

2. To be able to calibrate you first have to go to EDIT ASSIGNMENTS and do your button and axis assignments. (While you are in the options you could also go to FORCE FEEDBACK and set that. He does that in the video below, but it's strictly not necessary at this point).

3. Now you can go back to CONTROL SCHEME and calibrate the wheel and then the pedals.

Here is a video showing the procedure (watch from 3:30). Just follow what he does and it should work.

If, after trying all this, you still can't get it to work, you could try the following:
    1. Move the USB plug to a different port (you should probably not use a USB hub)
    2. Connect the pedals (if applicable) to your wheel base using the RJ12 cable instead of using separate USB cables. (Warning! Don't use BOTH the USB cables and the RJ12!)
    3. Have a look at this post, which is similar to mine. There are some extra tips there you could try: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/every-issue-in-the-book-solved-fanatec.23551/

Best of luck! Hope you get it sorted. :)

• Useful Useful x 1