Car problems or not?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Alain-Daniel, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Alain-Daniel

Alain-Daniel New Member

Hello

Thanks to anyone who can help me or respond to what I'm seeing in the game files, Steam having been unable to reply, asking me to go to the REIZA STUDIO forum for help.

Here's Steam's reply :

"Thank you very much for sending additional screenshots and explanation in detail.

Unfortunately, we do not have detailed trouble-shooting for each cars and how they are handled within the program.

Please contact Automobilista 2 support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

You may also want to post your issue on Steam Community for Automobilista 2 to see if others are experiencing similar issues and found a workaround or fix for the issue.

Once again, sorry that we cannot support you further with this issue.

I'm sorry that we cannot support you further with this issue.

Steam Support
    Masa"

--------------------------------------------------------

So here is my problem if there is a problem or if what I see in the game files is normal with several screenshots ...

I recently bought the game AUTOMOBILISTA 2 on Steam, along with several DLC packs, then downloaded all the folders and files offered by Steam following my purchase.

I've made several screenshots to show you what I see once the game has been installed with the DLC, without any manipulations being made by myself (for example, any additional MODs installed, which isn't the case).

1- In the game folders, we have a "VEHICLES" folder containing the subfolders "\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\" and 222 folders with vehicle names such as :

- arc_camaro
    - aston_martin_vantage_gt3
    - bmw_2002_turbo
    - etc.

In "VehiclesTextures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\" you'll find the 222 folders with vehicle names, with a file with the extension _dist.xml inside each folder.

2- Comparisons made with the vehicles registered in the game (screenshots attached) show that a large number of vehicles in the "VehiclesTextures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\" folder (222 in total) - DO NOT EXIST IN THE AVAILABLE VEHICLES.

This applies to :

- arc_camaro
    - aston_martin_vantage_gt3
    - bmw_2002_turbo
    - and many more...

3- So, I'd like to understand... Why there are 222 folders with various vehicle names in the "VehiclesTexturesCustomLiveriesOverrides" folder, when a large number of vehicles are not available for selection in the game interface.

4- Regarding the DLC purchased in + I have checked the game files with no errors listed and ALL DLC is checked.

Finally, please explain to me CLEARLY and in DETAILS the differences between the folders in the game files and the vehicles actually available in the game for selection, and if what I'm seeing is normal or not, or if there are vehicles missing that are not installed in the game ??

Alain-Daniel

Attached Files:

• vehicles.jpg
      vehicles.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      720.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      683.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      758.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      821.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      740.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      722.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      708.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      708.4 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      722.7 KB
      Views:
    • 10.png
      10.png
      File size:
      657.5 KB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      714.4 KB
      Views:
    • 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      716.1 KB
      Views:
    • 13.png
      13.png
      File size:
      755.7 KB
      Views:
    • 14.png
      14.png
      File size:
      755.1 KB
      Views:
    • 15.png
      15.png
      File size:
      765.3 KB
      Views:
    • 16.png
      16.png
      File size:
      747.9 KB
      Views:
    • 17.png
      17.png
      File size:
      736.7 KB
      Views:
    • 18.png
      18.png
      File size:
      732.5 KB
      Views:
    • 19.png
      19.png
      File size:
      789.6 KB
      Views:
    • 20.png
      20.png
      File size:
      725.2 KB
      Views:
    • dlc.jpg
      dlc.jpg
      File size:
      165.5 KB
      Views:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Hello @Alain-Daniel and welcome to the Reiza community! :)

From what I can tell based on your screenshots your game folders look just fine. As far as I can tell, you are only missing one car pack DLC*, which is the newly-released Endurance Pack Part 1 that contains LMDh and second generation GT3 cars. Other than that I think your list of available vehicles looks just fine to me. :)
    *Two DLC actually, see my edit at the bottom of this post.

Now as for the reason there are folders with vehicles that are not available there might be several reasons. For instance, some folders end with _sc or _safetycar, which (obviously) denotes them being there for the different safety cars the sim has. (Those are not playable.)

In the past there were also folders that were leftovers from Project CARS 2 content (as AMS2 uses the same engine that PCARS uses, which is the Madness Engine). However, I don't know whether all of these have been removed since or some still remains.

In case there are folders of other vehicles that are currently not available, they *may* hint at future content that is to come. Please note that I am not a developer, and despite being a Beta tester I don't really know much more than you do. (And if I did, I wouldn't be allowed to publicly disclose it anyway. :D)
    So make of those folders what you will for now...

Although I will say that at least one Aston Martin GT3 had been teased in screenshots well over a year ago (1.5 or 2 years, I think?), but it was never released. So folders pointing to an Aston Martin may either point to vehicles that were planned to be included at one point and had to be canceled for whatever reason - or at possible future content. If the latter is the case, Reiza will make an announcement prior to release.

(As a side note, aside from having a very friendly and knowledgeable community this forum is also a great way to keep up with game updates and learn more about the ins and outs of the sim. The steam forums, on the other hand, can be quite... hostile at times. Plus the devs are way more active here.)

EDIT: My bad, seems you are also missing the Formula Hi-Tech cars (both Endurance Pack Part 1 and these are not included in the season pass, and neither are some of the tracks such as Le Mans, iirc). If you enjoy classic Formula cars I highly recommend getting the DLC! Those cars are awesome, and the Gen 2 cars actually have working active suspension that served as the original "DRS" system back in the day.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1