Career Mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by GoForTheGap, Apr 5, 2016.

1. GoForTheGap

GoForTheGap New Member

Hi folks. Just getting into this incredible sim and I love it already. I was wondering if there were any plans on incorporating a career mode at any point in the future? It would be amazing to be able to start in Kart, for example, and work your way up to the open wheel Formula series..and along the way you have team offers, etc..

Thanks!

2. Paul_73

Paul_73 Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also like to see that feature. It would be best, though, if it took into account AI driver's names and had some of them progress alongside you to form potential rivalries.

Before that, though, I'd just like to see the ability to set up my own championship series, choosing the tracks I want as in R3E, for example.

• Like Like x 1
  3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A tool for making your own championship should be in the pipeline after the v1.0 release but I think the career mode would rather be for the 2017 title if I understood right… And I am more guessing than reporting an official announcement! ;)

4. AchillesXI

AchillesXI New Member AMS2 Club Member

I did this in SCE. I just did the championships starting with the karts and worked my way up. I know it doesn't have all the cars or tracks but it's the closest thing to it and you can adjust all the parameters for how the races run

5. GoForTheGap

GoForTheGap New Member

Thanks, great to hear. Especially the part about a possible career mode for the 2017 version! And I'm still learning some of the terminology...what is SCE?

6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

SCE is (was?:p) Stock Car Extreme, the previous title from Reiza. AMS (yes, we love acronyms: Automobilista Motorsports Simulator) is its sequel in a way...

7. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I currently do that on my own.
    Started a Formula Vee championship against 100% AI, give myself about an hour of practice on the track and then head out to qualifying and race.

My rough plan is:
    F-Vee
    '86 Opalas
    Stock V8
    SuperV8

At my pace this will take me about a year to complete :D

• Like Like x 1