Championship - car selection duplication issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by martincolts4, Feb 2, 2022.

1. martincolts4

martincolts4 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having an issue with AMS2 in championship mode, and the thing is that when I start a championship and select a livery the game duplicates the car

In the image attached you can see that I selected Esteban Ocon's Alpine and you can see Esteban Ocon and also Fernando Alonso, which means that 3 Alpines are competing in the championship and in this case is leaving Lewis Hamilton out of the championship (this is random each time).

I thought that the custom liveries and custom IA drivers could be the issue, but I deleted them and the issue is still happening anyway

I tested this with other series and is happening the same, in Formula v10 Gen1 and Gen2 is not happening all the time but in Formula Ultimate does.

Also, I've noticed that althought the series has more than 20 cars and you select maximun opponents, for example, 25 the cpu select only 20 cars for the championship.

I read in other threads that this happend for the custom championship but for these cases is happening in preset championships.

Have anyone founded a fix or a workaround to this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a known ongoing issue.

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The workaround is that you delete the driver you don't want to appear from the custom AI drivers file and then that skin won't get picked for the championship assuming there are sufficiently many drivers in the xml file.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. martincolts4

martincolts4 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the help, that's a good one, I haven't thought about that.