Change gearbox of car?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by Theis Søndergaard, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Theis Søndergaard

Theis Søndergaard New Member

Is it possible to change what type of gearbox a car has? I mainly drive the F1 Classic Gen4, using the "Jordan" model. However, this unfortunately has a sequential gearbox defined, whereas the real one had a H-pattern gearbox. Is there a file where that setting is defined for the car?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I don't know the answer, but I suppose copying a car, having a copy as a mod, while changing physics could be a solution?

I would like to know how to do it, and it would be nice as a first modding project. Does anyone have insights?

3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Would be happy if the McLaren F1LM have a version with slick tires for trackday. Wouldn't cry for a engine swap option as with GT7.

4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Yes but there are multiple params at play...

You have to take into account the auto shifting settings which effect clutch and gear change timing and all of that or the AI will still have the paddle shifter settings as would you if you ran with auto clutch... You'd be looking mainly at the chassis and clutch files...

Unless things change with 1.5 the only way to edit this would be to create your own Jordan mod using the model from the gen 4 car...