Changing AI Difficulty in server.cfg has no effect on my dedicated server ?!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by CoolSpy, Jun 16, 2023.

1. CoolSpy

CoolSpy New Member

Since AI drivers are very slow by default, I tried raising the AI Difficulty by changing the settings in the server.cfg. But it seems it has no effect or very limited effect. I tried raising up to 95, then 100, even 120 and I am still always far ahead of them (I am not an expert pilot at all).

Another weird thing, when I log in my server, if I change tracks, I can not select modern versions of the tracks (only historic Nurburgring, Hockenheimring etc... are selectable)... if I log out, I try to host on my local machine, the tracks are available ... so I quit, go back to the menu and log back to my dedicated server, the track are then available ?!! very weird!

is there a known bug or am I missing something ?

Server.cfg settings:
    "GridSize" : 25,
    "MaxPlayers" : 5,
    "Flags" : 151651320,
    "OpponentDifficulty" : 98,

thanks in advance for your help!

2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would suggest to join the server, then open your webbrowser, go to the httpapi from the server, check the session attributes button and then the opponents tab to see which setting they are on.

Keep in mind as well that as far as i'm aware of, you cannot set the AI aggression on a dedicated server