Cheating on AMS2 or Bug?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Race Fanatic, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Race Fanatic

Race Fanatic Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, regarding the current weekly time trial (ending tonight) at Le mans with the new gt3's. When I'm racing against the top guy's ghost I'm getting a better exit off the first chicane but then he goes A LOT quicker to overtake me until the next braking (this is despite the really bad exit he got and running the same setup). The same straight line speed advantage is shown on the first long straight (and probably around the whole lap).

So is the ghost just not reliable or is there something different going on? I have topped the time trials the last few weeks and have never seen anything weird with the ghost. So it makes me highly suspicious.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Race Fanatic

Race Fanatic Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also found his lap on yt, racing my ghost (2 tenths slower than my current lap) and while we are on different setups (but same 0 rear wing) the difference is clear. (I also didn't gain straight line speed by using his setup anyway, I only later gained a few kph by less cooling) He's almost 10 kph faster at the end of the first long straight, using same setup.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I agree, the way he just keeps gaining speed in 5th and 6th gear and even after 290kph seems extremely suspicious, or just easily overtakes you despite having a really bad exit before.

Also if you watch that whole lap, how on earth can that be the fastest time? He has really bad lines almost everywhere with bad entries, apexes and exits. Impossible.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1