Classic Hockenheim 1st chicane

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JavierZumaeta, Dec 18, 2022.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

When it rains, it floods. So easily, so thoroughly. If it were real life, the race would be red flagged every time. The 3rd chicane also to a lesser degree. I know LiveTrack 3.0 is doing its thing here, but it need to be faked a bit in those two corners - simply for the sake of gameplay. A fake drain should be installed 'cuz if it rains even a bit, that's it, you can't drive through it. The AI can, tho. But I don't think the AI should be tweaked here - it should be the track.

Let's get one or two or several drains in there and keep that part of the track from becoming a lake.

2. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

I have no idea if the track flooded as badly IRL as it is in the sim but as it is classic version of the track i doubt they would have red flagged it anyway in that era. Christ! They would not stop races when a fatal crash happened a lot of the time...

The AI still are affected differently by the climatic conditions as they run on a simplified model to the player. Gameplay vs accuracy of simulation, thank god i'm not a racing sim/game developer.

I always associate classic Hockenheim with the tragic death of Jim Clark and what could have been for such a talent...:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you find Hockenheim bad, just try classic Imola, almost imposible when soaked with all the lakes that form all over the track, specially after Tamburello.