1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloud Textures in VR

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by mist3rf0ur, Apr 3, 2020.

1. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

One of my biggest gripes in the engine while playing in VR is the cloud textures. They are really blurry and lack crisp detail. The whole game (other textures and skybox) looks beautiful but they stick out like a sore thumb in VR. They look great outside of VR so I'm guessing it's a combination of distance and texture resolution?

Will it be possible to have an upgrade to those textures?

2. F2020

F2020 Member

Thats interesting, must look so much clearer in that Index you have, in my CV1 you cant notice your issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

If anything, they look a little too crisp in my CV1 and slightly blown out (overexposed)

4. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

They look like the same or similar resolution clouds to those in Project Cars 2. In my Vive, they were more tolerable because they were softened due to the resolution different and how detail kind of falls off due to the lower resolution display and screen door effect.

I really hate nitpicking about something like clouds. Truth be told, I can completely understand them not being a priority but I do hope they can get some love.