Crosskart gear shifting

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by rmagid1010, Aug 5, 2023.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With paddles and autoclutch enabled, i still often get miss-shifts when shifting 1st to 2nd, and sometimes 2nd to 3rd. It happens less often when i am not on full throttle. What am i doing wrong?

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess its the same badly (or too restrictive) implemented gear shift lock you also can find in some other cars.
    In the F-UltiG2 you get it if you try to shift down 3 gears in a reasonably quick sequence.
    bam-bam-and then error.
    Then you have to lift throttle to be able to shift down one more.

At least in the modern F-UltiG2 this should be possible in RL.
    And after your describtion it sounds familiar.

3. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe the Crosskart does not auto-dip. Try coming off the gas as you change gear.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Somebody posted a video in one of the release threads that shows the pedals in a crosskart. It has a manual clutch, and you have to at least get off the throttle to upshift and blip to downshift. Would be nice if there was a page in the game somewhere that showed such things :D

Of course I don't know if all Crosskarts are completely the same or if there are different drivetrain configurations. I'll see if I can find the video again.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe that's actually intented. Thats something called a quickshifter, which enables you to quickly change gear without using clutch, however those shifters tend to have problems if you're not high on the rpm. Try changing 1rst and 2nd gear when you're high on the rpm, if not the clutch will spin and the gear will take longer to go in, after that 3rd, 4rd etc.. will go in fine without clutch.