Custom files for controllers profile. Exists?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Stefano Villani, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Stefano Villani

Stefano Villani New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a file to be edited manually (like .xml) with the steering wheel buttons configuration?
    I would like to create one for each different steering wheel and load it before starting the game until you can create different game profiles.

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To any user thinking of mucking around with the custom ffb file please tread with caution as playing around with custom controller files can put massive amounts of stress on your hardware if not configured right.. A couple of years ago I did this for a few weeks with PC2 whilst taking my time to really understand all the options and after a week or two my CSW v2 died. It maybe a coincidence and it maybe not..

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

He's talking about different control configs, not manually editing the FFB. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

aha rightio.. :D

...then +1 for saving/loading multiple controller profiles..

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

there is only one in \Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\..some numbers...\automobilista 2\profiles
    default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav
    all you can do currently is making backups of that file specific to your different rims and copy back if you change your rim.
    Maybe some home developer can create a small profile magement app ;)

EDIT:
    This is obsolete since v1.2.2.0 there are 6 profiles supported.
    Reiza made it :hurrayreiza:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Formicola

Formicola New Member

Does the same apply for saving Keyboard/button assignments
    \Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\..some numbers...\automobilista 2\profiles\
    default.localsettings.v1.03.sav
    or is it
    \Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\..some numbers...\automobilista 2\profiles\
    default.sav
    I use three different wheels depending on car type: GT (Forza Wheel 330mm), Modern F1 (CS F1 270mm), Historic F1 (CS Small Round 270).
    I would like to see individual wheel/control assignment settings profiles like/similar to ACC or Rf2;)
    Or is this on Reiza's "To Do List - Shortly" ... anyone know?
    P.S. I thankful to know about the FFB custom file setting, but I am too lazy at the moment to figure out the rest :whistle:

7. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

It would be nice to be able to assign the menu navigation buttons manually too. When I had a T300 I'm pretty sure the whole menu could be navigated using the buttons, but now even with some buttons mapped with JoyToKey I have to use the mouse to access the sub tabs in the controller setup screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dbeer

dbeer New Member

Reiza, please add controller profiles. What i love about ams2 are all of the different car types. Like so many users, i use different wheels with different button boxes on them. Its painful to change configuration for different wheels and other peripherals. Please add this as an option within the game. This would be a huge quality of life type enhancement to this amazing simulator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

in VR i drive always the perfekt wheel in my hands :)