Custom resolutions for more fps

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Pieter van Eck, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Pieter van Eck

Pieter van Eck New Member

Good day.

Current pc rig specs : cpu - Intel Core i7 4771, gpu - AMD Radeon RX 480, 16 GB RAM DDR3, 3 * 27" LG monitors 60 Hz, using AMD Eyefinity.

Game graphic settings - low to medium. Shadows, bloom, haze and reflections off. Game runs 30 to 40 fps, with and occaisional freeze. Resolution 3 * 1920 * 1080.

Currently has to run at 5720 * 1080, as per graphicsdx11 XML file. Wish to run at lower resolutions to increase performance. Did try to change the resolution using an XML notepad, but then almost everything is black.

Can you please advise a simple method to run at a lower screen resolution for increased fps and smoother running.

Kind regards

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Does AMD software allow for custom resolutions to be created? Nvidia does so maybe its possible in the AMD driver software then AMD2 should show it to be selected.

3. Pieter van Eck

Pieter van Eck New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. On the Andrenalin and PRO software - if you select Eye Infinity - Custom resolutions disappear as an option. that is why I started looking at the graphics config file.

I believe you can also force resolution changes via Steam startup commands - but have not tried it yet.