Damage for AI

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Fergy1010, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Fergy1010

Fergy1010 New Member

Hello out there:)
    I'm reasonably new to AMS2 and have really taken to it. It's such a fun program and a refreshing change to the usual Sim suspects well all know.

The physics are a lot of fun, the graphics are superb and the program just runs so well.

I'm currently testing out the damage and trying to find what is a fair and reasonable setting to race with but finding a small bump for me means race over but a the AI don't seem to suffer the same fate.

I watch the A1 push and shove each other but I don't see the cars suffer many issues.

If I do the same my car would become undrivable. I could just turn damage off all together but it seems a shame to do so on such a brilliant game.

Any feedback appreciated:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately that's the way the sim is right now, would be nice to have a separate option to toggle the scale of the AI damage, like we can do with the player. Also the AI doesn't seem to lose much performance with a damaged car.

I use high and max for tin tops and medium for open wheel cars, high and max is just madness on those with the AI being tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the difference between player damage and AI damage less dramatic if you set the damage setting to "Performance Impacting"? The AI uses a less detailed physics model than the player, so maybe the AI uses a less detailed damage model as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Completely agree about scaling the AI damage...

But just FYI... High is 150% damage and Max is 200% damage... Medium is 100%...

These really need to be renamed...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Fergy1010

Fergy1010 New Member

Thanks for the interesting replies. Fingers crossed for AMS2 and future updates.
    @Roar McRipHelmet I'll definitely have a look at this.

6. IVAN CAMILO DAZA

IVAN CAMILO DAZA New Member

Hello, good afternoon friend

I wanted to know if this problem has already been solved, if the AI has the same level of damage as the users, since I feel that the AI still has problems but does not lose performance,
    thank you so much