Dedicated Server with random tracks, cars, weather and stuff..

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Yatzek, Aug 18, 2023.

1. Yatzek

Yatzek New Member

Hi
    Playing with dedicated server I created something what give me fun races.
    Totally random races.
    Just for casual weak driver like me - grab a chair and a wheel.. sit and play 5 races 10-15min each ..
    get to know new cars, new tracks - be surprised. Move on.
    I play single sessions with bots (they are not so bad, just be careful like with people)
    and I play with friends once a week.
    Hope this idea is elastic enough so everybody can tailor it for own likes.
    "my default" settings are like:
    - no karts and their tracks
    - no trucks
    - no RX and adrenaline pack cars
    - 30% of rolling starts
    - 25% of mandatory pitstops
    - Bot strength : 80
    - rain in about <10% races

I like surprise factor a lot - do not look what races are created.
    (sometimes obviously track and car do not fit... but I had much more good than bad setups)

Hope everyone with some IT spark can get own dedicated server (there are 70 pages of instructions in topic ;) )
    in short:
    1. Make account on AWS Amazon cloud
    2. Create "instance" e.g . windows server 2019 (t3 specification)
    3. Open necessary ports 8766, 27015, 27016 on AWS platform AND in Windows Firewall (when your server is not visible in game browser)
    4. Download and run SteamCMD installation of AMS2dedicated server.

here comes my part:

5. Unpack attached here !Random.zip to your dedicated server folder. (so you got like "c: \ams2server\!random\" folder structure)
    6. Rightclick and Run as Powershell ams2_randomRaces.ps1
    7. Generate any number of random races - server will start at the end of the script.
    8. Play with txt files: Cars, tracks, Weather, Length. Put here favourite cars and tracks copied from cars_all/track_all.txt files. Throw some likable weather, decide probability of race length.

Big thx for
    IAMSMOKEMACHINE for AWS tutorial

@Redvaliant for his clear examle of SMS_rotate_config.json file - this gave me some inspiration.

I think you can even setup own server on the same personal computer and play it locally if cloud is out of your reach.
    Any questions or ideas? - go ahead ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1