Default camera settings ARE A TURNOFF AND HURTING THE GAME

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Greg D, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Greg D

Greg D New Member

I watched some videos on how to setup better camera settings, and the consensus is to take out all of the arcade like camera movement. Here are some comments that Reiza should hear:

"In VR the default settings for cameras are worse and nausea inducing….I did the same and zeroed out all of that movement but it took some google searches, trial and error, etc. I don’t know why reiza leaves things and they could flip the camera defaults to what you have and leave the crazy bounce settings for whomever might want that."
    reply: "Out of the box the zero'd settings should be default and like you said, if people want to introduce all that simulated movement, then each to their own. i think it's hurt the sim over the years having all that movement as default."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"Legacy head movement" enabled combined with "Head movement" as close to 0 as possible is the way to go in my opinion. "Legacy" was even the default in the early days, but many people could not cope with the horizon shaking (amount of which depends on car, speed and track surface and of course "Head movement" value), thus Reiza changed it to be more in line with other sims where you have a dead stable horizon and a bouncing cockpit instead, which I cannot stand, and that feels to me way less immersive and a bit artificial. But what do I know, people want their stable horizon... It's tragic.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find that if you read the tooltips and follow what it says it's not too difficult to get it how you want

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My advice is to set it up like what is the least bad for you - and then you will get accustomed to it after a while.
    Thats what I did years ago.;)

I guess there is both pro and cons by the way AMS2 (and Pcars2) has been created camerawise.
    Because to the contrary of ALL other racing games the the camera in AMS2 is not smoothed out so you allways feel you are driving on the most perfect and smooth tarmac in the world.:D