Difference of Lap times in Time Trial Vs Races

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lucas Telles 98, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Lucas Telles 98

Lucas Telles 98 New Member

I noticed that my times in Time Trial and my times during races have a big gap using the same car, even with tire temperatures OK, it was always 15-20 seconds off the times I use to get in time trial, I tried setting the time of day, Rubber in track (I always go to racing with heavy, but it dont seem to have a big difference, in championships is even worse because it do not allow me to change the rubber settings). What I can do to change that, or its a setting from the game? Is kinda boring knowing im doing a championship but in the races im 20 seconds off pace.

2. Lucas Telles 98

One examples was the 2023 Indycar, Stock Car Brasil (2023) and Sigma P1, those cars in the straight even seems to have less HP, because the were not as fast, even with low fuel on them (I do 15-20 min races, so I dont put a lot of fuel in the cars for it).

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

15 to 20 seconds, do you mean for one lap? If so that is pretty extreme and does not sound right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lucas Telles 98

Yes, for example, when I race with Formula USA 2023 in time Trial in Interlagos i do it around 1:30 or something (I play with a controller), but when I am in a race my laptimes go to 1:46 or something around.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

There is something goofy/unprecise in the lap timing in AMS2.
    In TT then your saved laptime(the uploaded) is allways 1 sec faster than shown inside the TT session.
    And to make it even more goofy then allways does mean about 75% of the times.:whistle:
    Hehe so allways is not allways allways.:rolleyes:
    So beside the possibility in your case of differences in both track and car condition dependent of session modes then there is also something unprecise/un-sim´ish conserning basic timing in this socalled racing sim.:whistle:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Op might be running with abs and Tc aids that are disabled in TT mode dependent on car . Plus a heavy rubber track is actually harder because off racing line is more slippery than normal.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  7. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

TT will always be faster than race day, or whatever session you might chose. Fuel is always limit to 5 liters, and the setup can be very agressive regardless what this can cause to the tyre degradation. Also tyres never get done, since there isnt any tyre wear no TT sessions.

Time of the day also gonna be static and track usage also.

But 15-20 s it is a lot indeed. I would assume that there is differences like full tank, higher wing and stuff, but i would start letting everything as the same conditions as the Time trial.

8. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I'm not entirely clear on what is fixed in TT - no tire wear or fuel usage, but brakes start cold, and it looks like tire temperatures change, if they don't wear. Hybrid energy is just always at max?