Dirt and reflections on windscreen. How to get rid of them?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Sirius360, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys

Is there a way to get rid of the dirt and reflections on the windscreen? I know there is a setting in Visual FX called "Screen Dirt" but this does not remove anything from the windscreen (at least on my system). I'm talking about stuff like the static reflection of the dashboard in the BMW M1 Procar (see attached picture). On a screen, it doesn't look that bad, but in VR, it's quite annoying and immersion-breaking because the reflection is rather low-res and static. You move your head, the reflection stays the same. Such a pitty then otherwise this car is a blast. But on a sunny day, this reflection is so distracting and adds nothing.
    I don't think we have control over this texture even if we change and edit the livery, am I right?
    Reflection 0.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"Screen dirt", is the build up of dirt on the outside of the windscreen during the race. What you are looking at the reflection off the glass, and no, I don't think that there is a way to adjust just that one reflection.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

That reflection is really bad, some cars it's so distracting and weird, really needs to be either removed or an active live reflection.

• Agree Agree x 1