Discrepancies in lap/race/relative timing and positions

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by lawgicau, Jan 31, 2022.

1. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have observed some strange behavior with the various inbuilt timing systems of AMS2. I say various because it seems there is more than one. Some examples:
    • The lap time delta HUD widget is different to the final lap time given. The delta widget is constantly updating but as you complete each sector or the entire lap the delta is different. For instance, the delta might say you are 0.2 up on your best lap but as you cross the line the recorded lap is only 0.12 under. My SimHub driven dash matches the final lap time given, not the delta HUD widget, which seems to run independently to the rest of the sim.
    • The relative HUD widget timing does not match the race standings HUD timing. If you are in P1, the race standing might say P2 is 2.5 seconds behind, but the relative HUD might say P2 is only 1.8 seconds behind. The timing should be the same for both: the gap in seconds between P1 and P2 I don't understand why the reported gaps are different. Sometimes the discrepency is multiple seconds.
    • I've had an online race where I finished in 2nd but the results gave me 3rd. No time penalties or photo finishes on the line or anythin that would cloud the result. I was confused and so was the person elevated to 2nd. I saved and confirmed in the replay that I finished 2nd.
    Previously I lost an SimRacingSystem race due to these problems. In that case, I had 20 seconds worth of time penalties (from when AMS2 hadn't yet implemented warnings leading to drive through for off tracks) and was managing a 20+ second lead to 2nd place on the final lap. As far as I could tell from what the game was showing, I had several seconds spare but the final result put me in 2nd by less than a second. I reviewed the replay and it indicated I should have had the rquired gap so I have no idea what happened. In this case the supplied data was not reliable and cost me the race. Very frustrating!

As Reiza moves to develop more structured multiplayer, it seems a good time to seek clarity and fixes. Has anyone else noticed these anamolies and do you have an explanation?

• Agree Agree x 2