DRS opens for a second and then closes (Formula Reiza Ultimate)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Racer63, Nov 19, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Racer63

Racer63 Member

After some time racing touring cars, I wanted to try F Reiza Ultimate last generation. But how the DRS is supposed to activate?

I maped a button for DRS and at Montreal I could activate it on board but on ext view replays rear wing opens for about a second or two and then closes. I tried both, holding the button or tapping button on/off at start and end of DRS zone with same result.

2. SpaceYam

SpaceYam Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe (I could be wrong) that the brakes will also disengage DRS. Are you possibly riding the brake pedal, or maybe have a bit of potentiometer 'noise' like in Logitech pedals, etc? Just a thought, I could be very wrong :)

3. Racer63

Racer63 Member

Well I don't think I'm riding the brake pedal, but I do have a Logitech G29.

4. SpaceYam

Perfect candidate for it - easiest way to check is to go into the game controller settings (Start -> Run, "joy.cpl") and then see if there's any ghost signal on your G29's settings
    I had a G27 which started getting really bad noise on the throttle. Had to use a fair bit of electronic circuit cleaner into the pot to clean it up

5. SpaceYam

An easier way to test in game might be to adjust the deadzone for your brake a couple of notches to see if that fixes it

6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That could very well be a replay thing as well, replay also doesn't show a working drs on other then the players car in replay, same goes for the tyre compounds