EA 2020 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought this may help reduce the number of threads.. I'll kick it off..

What do you guys think about the gravel traps..? Personally I find some of them a little harsh as they slow the car down violently in a short amount of distance..

Under Audio settings what does "Headphone Mix" do and what does LFE Extra Volume do..?

2. Coanda

Do you think Reiza will obtain the license for some PC2 tracks in the future..?

I hope as I would love to drive with their physics/ffb on tracks like Watkins Glen..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't like the approach of having one area for all discussion on a large and complex subject. That's why I don't use Discord. It's just a mess of information with the same thing getting asked and said repeatedly, and finding any information you actually want it near impossible. I also have no interest in wading through 50 posts talking about things I'm not interested in to find the 5 that I am.

Headphone mix does pretty much what it says on the tin. It mixes the audio to be optimised for headphones instead of speakers. It'll raise and lower the volume of certain frequencies to achieve this.

LFE is Low Frequency Effects. I'm not sure it'll do much for most people, and it probably mainly intended for those using bass shakers.

4. Coanda

@Goffik - I understand what you mean.. We have a thread like this in ACC and works pretty well for regulars wanting to have a little chit chat and share ideas and mainly have a laugh.. Searching the thread is easy enough if you know what your looking for too. Obviously if there is an issue, bug or suggestion then you would create a thread..

Thanks for the info regarding the volume. I just read up on these on the PC forum. As I have a 7.1 headset enabling headphones mix works well and I increased the LFE to 40% which gave me a little more low frequency bass sounds on the kerbs. Like you said this option is probably more geared towards bass shakers..

5. Coanda

Curious.. Are any of the tracks in AMS2 laser scanned or any future content planned to be..?

6. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

The british tracks are Lidar drone scanned as far as I remember, but not to ground level scanning as Kunos or S397 did.
    If I remember correctly.
    No info on tracks to come afaik.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coanda

Thanks AP! Nice to see you here..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tbh laserscanning is a bit overrated and that's coming of a 6 year Iracing member with 100% road courses. :D It doesn't have to be laserscanned all the time other methods also work quite good and deliver believable and enjoyable results.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

In the case of Reiza they did very good representations of their tracks (outside Brazil, no other sim to compare them to). I felt them very believable now and in the past. Tracks by other companies not so much.
    And remember, a laserscanned track will feel different than the original in about a half years time because of tear and wear.