Entering the Race/Qualifying denied

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Thomas Marlidis, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Thomas Marlidis

Thomas Marlidis New Member

Its so frustrating missing a race because the time is up and you cannot join anymore (and the Race hasnt even started yet)... Please give us the possibility to join a Race any time even if i need to start from the last position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey,

The time restriction to join before session ending in qualy/race beginning has been reduced, but not removed because it bears issues with the progression of the session inbetween. (Sometimes the session not progressing in the first place, for example)

There are ideas to rectify these issues but i can't make any promises at that point besides saying that we agree that it's a frustrating limitation that definitely receives a look! :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is that time limit now, cause i believe it used to be the last 2 minutes you couldn't join, to what has it been reduced now?

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It's still 90s if you're already in the lobby. Realistically it would be more like 105s from the moment you click to join the lobby, receive the session info and remaining session time sync to see the join countdown.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It used to be 3 min. but it's 90s now yup. Add the "session ended, last cars complete their lap" to it and it can be more indeed.