F-USA 2023 Indianapolis 500 default setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ozcanuck, Jul 23, 2023.

1. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Running at 90% AI, my car is 7 seconds a lap slower. Not even close to 2nd to last. Doesn't feel bad to drive and gearing seems OK. Any tips?
    WWT default seems OK.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Grab one of the TT setups - or learn how to drive :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Check the telemetry hud to make sure that your brakes arent on whilst you’re not braking. Sometimes you might need to adjust the deadzone on your brake pedal, as 7 seconds is far too big a time difference with normal driving and i feel something is not working correctly

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

TT setup is a good start......forgot about that. Car works fine on road courses and at WWT...I'll check some things. Haven't tried the other super speedways, either.

5. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I tried a TT setup, and driving in the perfect conditions of the TT event, was easily running sub 40 laps. Thanks for the tip. One thing I did learn while Googling was the influence of track conditions. I always just run the default race weekend, unless I want rain etc. This sets Live Track as green for practice and progresses from there. Green track very slow for me ( not so for AI apparently, they running 39's right away), so I set practice as Medium Rubber and progress from there. As I suck, I am still last but only 2 secs off the pace. In Qualy, with more rubber, I manage 18th out of 32 ( 90% AI). I can live with that. (I opened up the radiator on the TT setup, so the engine doesn't blow up after 5 laps.). More tinkering required.....superspeedways require a lot of setup, which is not my forte. As a casual racer, I usually just go for the default setup and adjust AI to my speed. At least now I can have a go at the Brickyard. Thanks for the tips.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrunoB

An advice to maybe boost your self esteem is to run some TT sessions on your favorite track(s).
    Because here you can check if you are so slow as you more or less imply.
    Maybe you are not that slow - my good man ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

And after 1.5, if I get in quick, I can be first!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. BrunoB

But your problem will be that all the TT LBs will get deleted/cleaned after next update.;)

But more serious then check one of the TT LBs out in your favorite car/track combi.
    Because you will probably find that there is a lot of people slower than you
    - yeah probably:p

ByTheWay: I use the same name on the LBs as here :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Well to boost my self esteem I often beat most of the young guys half my age in our weekly workplace AC club race, so I'm not the worst!

10. BrunoB

Hehe there you see.
    This method isnt bad.
    Another thing is that the youths quick reflexes can be counter weighed with some extra sim experience and some extra practice.
    The proof of this is my positions on some of the formula cars TT LBs (bragging end:D)

• Funny Funny x 1