Fanatec CSW 2.5 settings?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Frank Alexandre, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Frank Alexandre

Frank Alexandre Member AMS2 Club Member

There are too much custom force-feedback files, does anyone have recomendation? Or default still better for this wheel model?

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From my signature:
    Default FFB: 50/0/50/0/20 Fanatec settings: SEN auto, FF 050, DRI off, FEI 70, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR off, BLI 090, BRF 050

You can add some Low Force Boost and/or Damping if you like.

I prefer Default over Default+, but I can understand why some prefer Default+.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Derek Delvecchio

Derek Delvecchio New Member

Hi Roar,
    Hope you don't mind me asking but I also have the CSW 2.5 and the wheel feels great in AMS2 other than that weird notchy grindy feeling I'm wondering is that supposed to be road feel? All other sims feel really good and AMS2 does to as far as handling but that weird road noise or grindy feeling is irritating even with all road effects off I'm wondering if you experience this on your CSW?

Thanks Roar
    Derek

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

CSWv2 69/0/30/0/0
    On wheel Sen auto, FF 100 DRi off the rest default.

5. Derek Delvecchio

Thank you 2ndLastJedi I will try these!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After v1.3.8.0 is released (in Release Candidate branch maybe in a few days?), assess the same feeling again. A low-pass filter has been added to the FFB scripts which some beta testers say smooths out the high-frequency road noise.

In the current v1.3.7.1 version, cars which have recently received stiffened tire walls (e.g. GT3) have high-frequency road noise, while cars which have not yet had tire revisions (e.g. Formula Trainer) do not have the same noise.

You can also try to reduce Force Effects Intensity on the Fanatec wheelbase, as that is a kind of rumble effect which can feel a bit notchy/grindy. I prefer to have mine set high, since it helps me against motion sickness in VR.

7. Derek Delvecchio

Oh that would be amazing because that's the only thing keeping me from enjoying the sim. Thank you for the info!!