Force Realistic Driving Aids?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by legionary, Feb 8, 2023.

1. legionary

legionary New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm currently running a league and been asked if this setting when set to YES overrides the following three settings in the list which would allow ABS, TC and SC.

I currently set realistic aids to YES and the other three settings all to YES also. Logically, I'd think that the first setting would override the following three but I'd like confirmation if possible.

Our league finale is tomorrow night so some confirmation (from a dev hopefully) would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Is You have authentic driving aids on, it overrides the other settings

3. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

But they may or may not work after moving session and the game aids buttons need to be activated to put the authentic aids back on. Loads of times I qualify and then in the race hit turn 1 with no aids and a car that felt nothing like the one I qualified in. It's almost like the car is changed when the session moves over.

I'd love it if the game aides were dropped altogether and we had more of a SIM like experience.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

My understand has always been as such... Force Real Driving Aids only effects the ability to use them if the car has them, so in the JCW Mini it will allow the onboard/set up screen ABS but not the player side ABS or TC...

Whilst the other options are for the player side aids... Which if they have set off and you have set on could cause a clash which cause them not to work... Same could be said about the real driving aids... The Madness engine has a lot of annoying quirks...

I'd also echo Gazzawesty where the aids should be removed from the options menu style and only allow the authentic ones... Or at the very least add a decent penalty to those using the unnatural aids...

• Like Like x 1