Formula USA 2023 Handling Issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by NR The-Boss, Aug 28, 2023.

1. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

I've been trying to fall in love with the Formula USA 2023, and while it's road course performance is great, I've ran into issues with the oval side of things. Specifically, as the video shows, the car will be fine for 85% of a fuel run (which, granted, is short in real time because I run 5x tires and fuel because I'm impatient) but suddenly become incredibly snappy in over steer like a cat deciding that it's had enough belly rubs and informing you with it's teeth. At first I thought it was because I wasn't using the weight jacker, but as I experimented with that, the issue persisted. I'm running the default setup with a full tank of fuel, and consider myself to be an intermediately skilled driver, so I'm at a loss as to what's going on here.

What I'm wondering is 1) is this a known issue by others in the community and 2) is it a handling issue with AMS2? A default setup issue? A PICNIC? (Problem in chair, not in car).

Thanks!

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Does the car have adjustable ARBs from in the car? If yes, then that might fix it

3. JohnH

JohnH Member

That´s a skill issue, you´re driving way too aggressively and forcing the car into corners wich results in overheating and wearing out especially the right rear tyre. Take a look at some IRL onboards, take notes about their lines and how smooth the drivers are with their inputs. In short you need to calm down, listen to what the car wants instead of forcing it.