Forum reply issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, Oct 4, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, anyone know why I suddenly have this issue below, the reply box is black and when I type I see nothing, I have to take it off the rich text editor to get rid of the black background this has only been an issue since I ditched chrome for opera last night. Screenshot_20211005-001225.png

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I would have a guess it's Opera obviously....opera has never been my go to, I prefer metal :p

3. F1Aussie

Haha, so do i

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a browser issue. Typically happens when they try to match ui elements to whatever app/system light/dark mode setting you have. It almost never works well in my experience.

The option is called 'Force Dark Pages' in opera and can be disbaled entirely or on a per site basis in the browser options.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. F1Aussie

Thanks for that info, will look into those settings, cheers.

6. 2ndLastJedi

See, opera is never the right choice :p

7. F1Aussie

I was using Chrome but it just makes me angry, search settings have just been randomly changing, for example if a open a new tab all is good, then next day I go to open a new tab and the + button to do so is on the opposite side of the screen and when I press it rather than opening a new tab it wants to override the existing one. Then a few days later it is back to normal, then the process repeats again. Don't know if these are updates being pushed and reverted or not but I know there are a lot of angry android chrome users out there. I have not been able to find anything about this issue so have just given up and given chrome the middle finger. Saw a review site that said opera is next best so rolled with that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

I've not noticed that issue with new tabs. I always just either open bookmarked tabs or a new tab to search on. I have Chrome and Bing on my phone because I'm a "crazy rw'er" and some of what I search Google won't allow me to view :confused: I should be using Duck Duck Go so I've been told but lazy and find what I want from these 2 engines.

9. F1Aussie

Yeah that is what I do about new tabs but now it doesn't open a new one when I select that, instead it uses one of the tabs I already have open and returns it to the home page so I lose what I was previously on. Same with bookmarked ones, it will override whatever was the last page I was on, am over it, has been going on and off lime this for months now I have not changed any settings at all to have caused this to happen.

10. 2ndLastJedi

Oh, I have no issues opening new tabs, saved bookmarks or duplicating tabs,. I wonder what is up with your Chrome.

11. F1Aussie

Lucky for some! I have given up on it. Opera seems pretty cool, except for this black background on the reply screen I get.

12. F1Aussie

First photo shows one of my 2 current tabs open in chrome
    Screenshot_20211006-194204.png

Second photo shows my two tabs open in chrome

Screenshot_20211006-194226.png

Final shot shows what happens when I press plus to add new tab, it does not add a new tab, there are still two of them. I get the option to stay on my current page or search for something new in this tab not in a new 3rd tab.

Screenshot_20211006-194324.png

13. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

14. F1Aussie

A review site I saw rated opera above Firefox so thought I would roll with it. Not sure if I am too fussed about extensions. I used to run Firefox on my PC and found it sluggish and resource heavy so dropped it from that.