FOV and ultrawide monitors.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Xzanman, Aug 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I maybe completely wrong here...

To my understanding AMS 2's in game camera it renders at is 16:9. When I am using a 21:9 monitor it basically adds on the extra image that i would see but still in a 16:9 ratio and then chops off the top and bottom to fit my 21:9 ratio. Now I assume that if i set the fov to 73 it sets the in game cameras fov to 73 then adds on the extra stuff that I would see, which will also add more to the fov. If it adds the extra to the image first then expands it to fill my screen this will give me a lower fov than desired.

I think the game users the first method therefore I need to deduct 9.55% from my fov setting to get the correct fov.

Or does AMS2 actually use a in game camera to match my aspect ratio and render the game correctly, giving me a correct fov. From experimenting I would say that lowering my fov gives a more accurate view.

I know some will say use whatever FOV feels best to me, but I would like to use the mathematically correct FOV.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023