FPS in VR

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by roemer7000, Feb 11, 2024.

1. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

I´m using the HP Reverb G2 and never had any performance problems in AMS2 and also not in the Beta-Version. Always had 90 FPS. Now the frames dropped to 60 in both versions. Don´t know what to do anymore. Installed all new, the games and VR-Software. This is only the case in Automobilista. The other games run in 90 FPS. Also updated windows 11. Any ideas?
    Thanks...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Do you use openxr? If the answer is affirmative, are you sure the session is actually launched using openxr?

My experience is that sometimes it switches back (when steamvr has a crash, if I remember correctly). Then you must set the openxr runtime again (I do it with the opencomposite config app).

3. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your answer. I do not use OpenXR. Don´t need this. It´s running with 90 FPS now again. Deleted the documents-folder and everything worked fine after that.
    Thanks again...:)

4. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I recommend you to give it a try. It is much more performant and unless you have a very high end machine and already at 90fps on max settings (not sure if that is even possible in all conditions), perhaps you can gain some eye candy by switching, then avoiding some compromises in your settings.

EDIT: I came here by the new posts index and now I realized we are in the Automobilista (1) forum. Perhaps the post should be moved to keep things organized. @CrimsonEminence

• Like Like x 1