Full course yellows

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Petrolhead, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems to be a bug as once one it is thrown it then happens every lap

2. MJP10

MJP10 The Basin of Jatemans AMS2 Club Member

What cars and track are you in and on? I havent noticed that so much, though changing ai to more mistakes(and the relevant attributres) using the xml files helped me increase crashes and DYs to find a good balance. try changing it the opposite way I did maybe?

I have noticed the ai brake impossibly hard as soon as double yellows go up though on the ovals in the Gen2 indycars, its impossible to stop with them

3. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Happened this morning at one of the oval tracks in the indy cars then again this afternoon at Interlagos in the GT3 cars

No ai just 20 players

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

This issue happens because players are quitting the game while still on track. The game has a bug since pC2 (maybe even 1) where a flag stays locked in instead of being removed when said player quits. This issue wasn't necessarily a problem on road courses but since on ovals a yellow flag is automatically an FCY, it then happens every lap.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. MJP10

Ah ok this just happened to me too but only seems to happen when you are first. Was that the same for you? the race resumed once I let an ai lead. Tried to re create twice and so far happened the same both times

6. Shriukan

So you were in P1 when said player quit and the yellow flag zone was only resolved once the AI went to P1?

7. MJP10

Missed where @Petrolhead said no ai just players, sorry for the confusion my bad, mine was in single player race

8. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

Wait are FCYs not available on road courses?

9. Shriukan

They are. The trigger logic is different though. On Ovals, yellow will always trigger an FCY. On a road course, the track needs to be obstructed, so automatically, the trigger chance goes down :)

10. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Although, chance going down will not stop AI from deciding they're having a bad day and good luck going multiple laps green in a row, but that's the exception in my experiences so far. And I think it's realistic that sometimes chaos happens.