Gauge Problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Oubaas, Jul 23, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Why is there a water temperature gauge in the air-cooled 1600cc dual port powered Volkswagen Beetle (Fusca)? That makes no sense, and puts me off wanting to drive them in AMS2.

I changed the water temp gauge to a cylinder head temperature (CHT) gauge in my AMS1 installation. But I don't know how to create and calibrate a CHT gauge in AMS2.

I'd really like to see this finally corrected in an incoming patch. I recommend obtaining a copy of, "How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive" by John Muir, Tosh Gregg, and Peter Aschwanden. And maybe paying a visit to...

TheSamba.com :: Volkswagen Classifieds, photos, shows, forums, and information

I love the Fuscas. I'd like to see them dialed in. Thanks!

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Where in the car is the water temperature gauge?

3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Center gauge. It has waves with a thermometer sticking up. In the game files, those files are named, "Water Temperature Gauge". And it behaves like a water temperature gauge. There's no question what it is, and it's been around since AMS1.

I removed it in AMS1, created a cylinder head temperature gauge, calibrated it and installed it. You can get it in my package over on Ovetake.

But AMS2 is a different kettle of fish. I know the ISI-derived engine and file structure of AMS1. But I don't know the PCars engine in AMS2, and from what I've seen of it, I'm not inclined to delve into it. So I hope Reiza will finally fix this longstanding gauge issue.

And I sincerely hope that if there's ever an AMS3, that Reiza will either develop an in-house engine for it, or go back to an ISI-derivation. If it's another PCars clone, I won't be buying it.

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I can have a look later, but are you sure that the Brazilian version wasn’t water cooled?

5. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

If that helps. Here in Brazil, the VW Beetle Cup is currently divided into two categories: A EA 111 engine (water engine) and B 1,600 air engine (conventional). Within the game, I believe that not only the VW Beetle Cup but also the other VW Beetles have water-cooled engines.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

The Fusca runs 1600cc Dual Port, 4-cylinder boxer that is air-cooled. If you watch the car from external view, you can see it in the 3D model.

The Formula Vee started out with the 1600cc Dual Port, which you can see in the visual model of the FVee in AMS1. This type of FVee started out in 2011 in Formula Vee Brazil. But the series later switched to a Volkswagen water-cooled in-line 4, as represented in AMS2.

The Copa Fusca car is definitely equipped with an air-cooled engine, and therefore a water temperature gauge makes no sense, unless we're monitoring the thermal condition of the windshield washer fluid.

7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

The in-game external 3D model shows a 1600cc air-cooled VW boxer engine.

8. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

The GT Oil Copa Fusca cars were running the air-cooled engine until very recently. They very recently transitioned to the VW EA111 engine. But that was after AMS2 was released.

The Gol, at least initially, was also equipped with the air-cooled engine. I think it changed to a water-cooled engine later on. But the early ones had the air-cooled boxer.