General Chit-Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrimsonEminence, Sep 12, 2024.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Here anything that isn't on-topic for release threads or other non-report focussed threads and general discussion and conversation.

• Like Like x 5
  2. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

That's crazy that we somehow hit 200 pages since May 31st.

3. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I think Bubba Wallace is pretty good at superspeedways but for their high result variance nature he will never be like Hamlin at Pocono, Allmendinger in road courses or Larson at short tracks.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Give quiche a chance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. asalton

asalton Copa Classic driver

I was here

6. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Hmmmm, only missing 199 pages ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Nice.

Can we get the title renamed to "Generic Cheese-Chat" please to help us stay on topic? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What Reiza memes are there other than the "cheese == impatience" that began when people were impatient for Road America? Surely, after over 4 years since release, there are more memes than that?
    Maybe the one about "an update is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to"

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I have seen that one

10. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Only Lord Renato can save this thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The only meme I can think of is that spiderman & Renato's face meme.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Finally. A safe place to talk about cheese!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's weekend, so lets open a fun topic to talk about.
    Topic of the weekend: How did you discover AMS1 or/and AMS2?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

:eek:

At the local cheese bar. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Leen-q

Leen-q Member

It all started with AMS1 which I bought for a few euros, I tried AC ACC etc etc except RF2 the rest for me was driving on ice and unnatural driving and braking behavior. Because AMS1 uses the RF1 engine I gave it a chance and I wish I had done so sooner. Almost perfect compared to other racing sims, you feel what the tires do, you feel the limits and you feel everything in your steering in corners, this was what I missed in other simulators. Later I bought AMS2 and just as great a simulator but I miss the natural feeling on the front wheels and especially where the limits are. This will certainly improve with the next update I assume, but AMS1 has everything in perfect balance on psychincs and FFB for me so far which all feels very natural.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

IIRC I was buying all the big sim racing games and AMS2 was one of them. I used to play ACC, but the bad performance and the weird setup bugs made me not like it so much. I started to play AMS2 and it felt weird, but then V1.4 arrived and I really liked it

• Like Like x 2
  17. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Everything began with Copa De Marcas Petrobras a few years ago. I did like the handling so i purchased Game Stock Car Extreme that i enjoyed until Automobilista came out. First i only bought the base game and first two DLC separately. Then i discovered the "special offer" at REIZA's page to get the season pass including the famous "Reiza Membership" which i couldn't resist. BTW the very best desicion i ever made within PC gaming.
    So when AMS2 came out in early access i hadn't to think about for long time to get the "Super All Incl Package" for 89$! Nowadays i sometimes have the feeling i'm "stealing" something remembering the price i payed! :D
    Thus i'm here now and enjoying the "journey" as i have enjoyed the way of its predecessor. Hoping the travel will last for some years more....
    :hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Oof, that goes back quite some time! To be honest I don't remember exactly how I discovered it (perhaps they were mentioned on some simracing site or another), but I think the first two Reiza titles I ever got were Game Stock Car 2023 and Formula Truck 2023. That was way before any Reiza sims were available on Steam, by the way. According to my mails I bought both titles on December 10, 2013 - wow! At the time both were available as a bundle for 39,90 USD - a real steal! :D

From then on I was hooked. Both of these sims were oozing with passion left and right! The next thing for me was Reiza's Simracing Bonanza campaign on Indiegogo, which I initially backed at Level 4 (50 USD), though I think I may have upgraded my pledge later on...? Either way, I already had FTruck 2013 and I believe Stock Car Extreme as well at the time, so I chose to get a free copy of the next title - the as of then not yet named Automobilista - instead.

Somewhere inbetween those I also tried Copa Petrobras the Marcas of course, and Reiza also started moving their sims over to Steam instead of having to rely on their own solution for license management, etc. (Which I believe was inherited from rFactor).

And well, since I've been around this forum for almost as long when I caught wind of AMS2 development and it being based around the Madness Engine, I was psyched! Not so much because I was crazy about PC1 and 2 - in fact, I was disappointed with the eventual final state of their release versions - but because I had been a backer of the original PCARS 1 and had been following its development quite closely, so I had a good idea what the engine was capable of (in the right hands).

Fast forward a few years (and a bit more gray in my hair and beard, haha), and here I am! Funny enough I am still using the same old wheel, pedals and shifter I've been using ever since I really fell down the sim racing rabbit whole in the early 2000s.... My trusty Logitech G25, which IMHO still holds the title for "most bang for your buck" across the entire spectrum of ever-more-expensive sim racing gear.

Sooo... It's been almost 11 years now, and I say bring on the next decade! Can't wait to see what Reiza will be cooking up next (after the near-mythical 1.6, that is :D)!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Eerily similar experiences, grey hairs and all. :eek:

Involved in PC1, had 2, a firm pass on 3. Very dissatisfied with the end result! Promised so much, yet failed to deliver anything like the potential of the madness engine. It is still arguably the most advanced engine on the market despite it's age. Not only that, but it's incredibly well optimised and runs amazingly well on 10 year old hardware, delivers a very good VR experience, all whilst still looking contemporary! An absolute no brainer to buy into AMS2 with Reiza working on this engine

I have a great respect and admiration for the way Reiza have dug deep into the engine fixing bugs, polishing and bringing us all that "sim goodness" Ian Bell's project failed to deliver. Not that it was really SMS's fault. Greed, publisher pressure, and time constraints killed Project Cars. Whilst many are frustrated with the Reiza method (the perceived delays to 1.6) we are so lucky that the madness engine is reaching it's potential, finally. Let Reiza cook, a few weeks/months is nothing to the time I have been waiting for the game promised back in late 2000 early 10's...

Please remember how incredibly lucky we are to have Renato and his team working away at their passions, free from publisher pressure and in a financially stable position. And it's not over yet, more development will happen, of that I'm sure. Renato and his team at Reiza are clearly perfectionists, their bar is high.

And if somehow that's not enough, choose another sim, there is much out there to enjoy! As some wise, and rather silly men once said, "always look on the bright side of life." :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I loaded up raceroom after not playing it in a number of years, I forgot how amazing the sound is, especially the engine and transmission, would be nice if AMS2 could get to that level

• Agree Agree x 1