GrandPrix4 option I love to see in AMS2 :)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JeDa, Dec 26, 2022.

1. JeDa

JeDa Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    If possible I would like to see a switching directors camera in AMS2 (just like the "insert" key camera in GP4). Is this possible?

For people who dont know what I mean: By hitting the insert key in GP4, you get a TV-broadcasting view which shows only external trackscams or onboard cams (this is possible in AMS2) AND this camera randomly switches between drivers (this is not possible yet).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you already can do by pressing + and - on your numpad.

3. JeDa

Thanks, but I am looking for an option which switches automatically and random between cars/drivers. I know you can do it manually.

4. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

If I remember right, the TV camera switching was not only random, but depending on the action on track too.

I agree it would be a good addition to the replay system.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, tv director, but was it in vanilla GP4? Or is it a feature of gpxpatch?

6. JeDa

It was in vanilla GP4, It also was in the otter GP-series (F1GP, GP2, GP3, GP3_2000 & GP4). I hope it isnt too difficult to implement, the basic cams are already in the sim. Only hing to add is to make the switch to otter drivers. I rember a YouTube interview with one of the AMS2 developers who is responsible for the cams in AMS2. Unfortunately I dont rember his name anymore. Otherwise I coulld DM him and ask if it is possible to add this feature.

• Like Like x 1