GT3 model refresh

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Emir_de_Passy, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Hi
    Has there been any discussion to update the Gt3 class to.current models?
    I realize Reiza is a small team and this is probably not the most urgent thing to do but just wondering if this was already planned.
    991 to 992. M6 to M4. 720 and AMG would be relatively simpler I imagine, since their body has not changed much.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

̶ ̶̶̶N̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶f̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶,̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶'̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶k̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶a̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶e̶̶̶v̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶ ̶̶̶m̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶t̶̶̶i̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶o̶̶̶f̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶.̶̶̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶,̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶c̶e̶n̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶l̶i̶c̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶l̶o̶a̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶I̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶r̶e̶s̶h̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶,̶ ̶G̶T̶3̶ ̶G̶e̶n̶2̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶i̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶G̶T̶3̶s̶.̶

See @Dhansi09's post below.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
  3. mansell

mansell Active Member

i think each car model has its own licence in most (if not all) manufacturers. even if there is an "update" (ie AMG GT3 2015 -> AMG GT3 Evo 2020, Audi R8 LMS Evo GT3 2019 -> Audi R8 LMS Evo II GT3 2022) or a different car/model (Ferrari 488 Evo -> 296, BMW M6 -> BMW M4)

devs of another sim confirmed that many times.

not sure if (all) manufacturers have the same licences policy with all devs or if there are different licences types per dev or per price. all i can guess is that its a matter of money. ;)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
  4. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

I see... I guess it's time for a modding team to make a felanzo 488 or a Bayer M4. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dhansi09

Dhansi09 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There will be 2023 version of GT3 cars coming with the Le Mans DLC. just have a look at the June Dev Update

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

You're right, I completely ignored that new GT3 cars were mentioned :D So I retract my statement that nothing was announced ^^

Here's the quote:
    "Endurance racing is the next frontier we are looking to explore with AMS2, as along with the track and some dedicated endurance features users may expect a very exciting list of new cars to come to the sim, including some 2023 LMDh Hypecars & LMPs along with a fresh batch of 2023 GT3 cars.in anticipation for next year´s event."
    Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

7. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We've had a Aston Martin and Lamborghini GT3 in the files forever now. So this being a paid pack, I would assume they would show up there?

Maybe a Corvette C8R GT3? Either the IMSA retrofitted model of the GTE car or the new GT3 car as they look almost identical minus the GT3 having wider hips...

Unlikely, but hoping the Ford Mustang GT3 comes to the game.

If the Straight 4 Games partnership includes sharing licences, the Audi R8 GT3 evo is a possibility. (Audi is also likely a necessity for the Mid 2000's era Lemans pack if it includes LMP900 so I would say this is likely)

There's no reason we couldn't/wouldn't see a fictional GT3, (maybe put into GT Open) so you might see a Puma GT3? Worlds your oyster really...

8. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to the LMDh and LMH models.

• Agree Agree x 1