Hardest cars to drive in AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kute, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Kute

Kute Member

1) The Caterhams. Any of them, though the higher the HP the worse for me. I was under the impression these were amongst the finest handling cars on earth - but it's impossible for me to drive these even kind of smoothly. I just cannot drive them

2) The Mclaren F1 Streetcar - Same with this thing. I just cannot drive it. Going in a straight line is difficult, let alone keeping up with the A.I @ 90%.

3) That old f1 car with the monster turbo - Undriveable in a good way, I enjoy trying to corral this thing, and the acceleration from 150-280 is so fun

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As of version 1.5.0 of Automobilista 2, in alphabetical order:

Brabham BT52 - it can have a sudden high-speed tankslapper because of bad non-adjustable aero
    Caterham 620R - power oversteer in addition to body-roll induced tankslapper
    Copa Trucks - difficult to keep tire temperatures in check while also being fast
    Formula Trainer Advanced - difficult to drive smooth enough to be fast
    Kart Cross - frequent gear changes at risk of blowing engine
    McLaren F1 LM - easy to forget that this is a road car, because at speed it feels like a race car
    Superkart - no suspension and twitchy -- I'd love to try one in real life, but my ribcage won't survive it

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. HarleyDavidsonfx

HarleyDavidsonfx New Member

4. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

It's a toss up between the BT52 and the Formula Vee - and there's only about 1100Hp between them.