Heat: Pedal to the Metal boardgame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stealthradek, Dec 28, 2022.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I know this isn't the usual simracing interest but this one feels like it should be fairly relevant for many of us here given how popular the historic content is.

[​IMG]

I've finally put my hands on it and it's a fantastic title. It's a representation of F1 season in 60's with straightforward and importantly fast rules to move and win the race.

Each turn relies on you selecting the gear, which determines how many cards you have to play this turn, sum of their points will move us up on the board. You can play all fast cards this turn which will give you an advantage, but that'll make you more vulnerable in the next. Strategy and risk management plays a huge part in this game. Like in real racing.

There are additional rules for boost, slipstreaming etc. While it's a simplified representation of racing the game mechanics are very thematic. Even the pawns are well made!

[​IMG]

Finally, if you're worried that you won't have anyone to play with - it's possible to play it solo against AI driven opponents. All using cards again.

Seriously, if you're into board games I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Brilliant game in a brilliant setting.

More information and source of images: Heat: Pedal to the Metal

PS: I'm not affiliated in any way, I think it's a game that deserves to be recommended and its setting is very fitting for us, AMS enjoyers :)

• Like Like x 2