Help with replays

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by NebulaSmudge, Nov 17, 2021.

1. NebulaSmudge

NebulaSmudge New Member

So apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer so here I am.

I've been trying to do some videos with AMS2, but I've come across a few issues with the replays and I'm wondering if I am the only one with these issues.

Ultimately I'm wondering is there some kind of *replay detail* setting, whether in-game or a config file? In replays, wheel movements look rough & sudden. Even my own suffer from the roughness, it just doesn't look right. It's almost like data points are recorded at 30fps in the file or something like that.

The other one is the audio is quite different for replays, or maybe better put there is less audio. In replays I'm only really getting the engine sounds, no transmission wine, no tyre squeal, no wind rustling, no kerb sounds/track detail etc. It is particularly noticeable in the interior views. What I'm getting doesn't come close to doing justice to how good the game actually sounds.

Here's an example of both, replay recorded immediately after gameplay, no settings changed.

For now I can record gameplay directly to get around it, but it's not ideal.

I don't know if there is a workaround, or if there are plans to improve these. I'd love the option to be able to crank the detail up to just match the gameplay it was taken from if one does not already exist.

Thanks for any help.

2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

SMS did a lot of optimisation with the replays, probably to make them smaller to fit on consoles. That includes lowering the rate at which the physics are recorded and replayed, and not storing the LiveTrack state as part of the replay, which also means you cannot jump to a specific time in the replay and must resort to fast forwarding to regenerate the LiveTrack state.

No clue why that also means the engine sounds are bad in replays, probably related to the lower physics rate.

• Like Like x 1