Hosted Dedicated Server solution with AI?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Mike Shelton, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Mike Shelton

Mike Shelton New Member

I just tried setting up a race using simracing.gp's platform and realized there's no option to include AI. Do any of you have a recommendation for a hosted provider that allows for the inclusion of AI? Google isn't my friend on this one.

2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you need a provider for some specific reason?

In theory, there is no need for a dedicated server because the moment the first guy joins the lobby, he then becomes the host in a peer-to-peer environment, so the AMS 2 "dedicated server" doesn't actually work in a server-client environment.

However, if you do want a dedicated server, you can config your own with AI. There is a dedi server thread around here showing how to create one. There is no need for a provider.

3. Mike Shelton

Mike Shelton New Member

Ah... the primary reason for dedicated is I'd like to configure AI strength for each track and not have to close the session after each race in order to change AI strength (a feature I wish would be added). The reason for hosting was just lack of spare PC.

Thank you for the info!

4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Justrace.net has the option to add AI, but keep in mind though that when using a dedi server, you dont have a option to set the ai aggression on the server