How high/low is your monitor while racing??

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by fnugen, Jul 3, 2022.

1. fnugen

fnugen New Member

I have a T300rs and have recently added the Ferrari 599XX Evo wheel. It is noticeably larger than the rubber stock wheel. Now I am having a hard time placing my monitor when racing. I have a GT Track racing seat/rig and a 32" curved monitor if it helps visualize. With the 599XX wheel there is now a gap from the bottom of the wheel to the base that I can see through. With the original wheel it was pretty much no gap to see through. If I keep my monitor where I used to keep it, it shows the steering column itself now. I can lower the monitor to see the gauges through the gap to be more realistic, but then the driving view seems like I am sitting far too low. I prefer to keep the D/side door mirror just within the view while driving. Am I being far too particular, or is there a sweet spot with this wheel and monitor height placement?

With AMS2 the head movement whilst driving causes the gauges to go up/down while accelerating and braking. Is there a static view? I prefer not to drive outside of cockpit view.

I asked on racedepartment, but accidentally posted in the wrong section and didn't want a duplicate post. There were no replies anyway. I usually play AMS2 most, so made sense to ask here.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

For a "correct" setup your monitor(s) should be centered to your eyes, meaning your eyes should line up with the centre point of your screen(s). If having the screens set correctly blocks the view of the in game car dashes grab an old phone and install SimHub, click the "SimHub dashes made by me" at the bottom of this post and install 27 car dashes (more coming oftten) for AMS2 (that also work in all other Sims) and you now see all details needed, so now there is no need to have the monitors placed incorrectly.

To have the view static, go to camera settings and switch "legacy" mode to 0 and all camera movements/gforce to 0 and you will have a static view. This is my preferred settings as i have a static rig,.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fnugen

fnugen New Member

Thanks greatly for this @2ndLastJedi

I will get the app and try the static view.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

You shouldn't need the app, simply install SimHub to PC and it will give you a URL to enter into your browser ;) You can install the app from Discord but the browser should work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fnugen

fnugen New Member

I found that out after. I tried to edit before a reply. I missed.

I did zero all my head movement options with legacy checked, but I still get the "pushed back in the seat" under acceleration. Did I miss something?

6. 2ndLastJedi

Yes you missed something, here are my settings, rock solid other than the lean which i like.
    20220704083248_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For racing your eyes should be around the center
    For normal browsing, etc on a desk it should be on the top of the an angled monitor

• Like Like x 1
  8. fnugen

fnugen New Member

I figured it out. It was the FOV speed sensitivity that was giving me the push back movement. It's all good now. Funny how a new wheel and everything that I was used to, changed. Gives me more reason to drive more now. Reset it and start over. Thanks guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1