How to interpret FFB graph on HUD?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by hb22, Aug 30, 2022.

1. hb22

hb22 Member

Hi, I wondered if there is anywhere that explains this graph please? I'm having difficulty feeling any change when I start to understeer and wondered if the graph might help me understand why. Many thanks!

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good question, I've been wondering for yrs how to read it lol

As for understeer, in real life there is no real effect other than the wheel goes light and the car plows through the corner until grip is regained.

Try default + it gives a scrubbing effect before going light and understeer kicks in.

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It still works the same as in PC2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. hb22

hb22 Member

Perfect thank you!

Yes wheel going light is what I expected, but I was not feeling it at all when understeering... I can feel it in an oversteer slide. Maybe it's because I'm using just a basic G29 wheel. I did try loads of combinations of settings, I don't remember feeling the scrubbing effect with default+. But Ill try again with reference to the graph, maybe I was having some clipping that I wasn't aware of. Thank you both!

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Sadly the squiggly graph doesn't work in triples.

6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The FFB doesn't really get that light when understeering (certainly not as a binary "now you're understeering" -effect) and what effect there is comes in already before you're past the optimal slip angle. If you really need more information about understeer, turn up the tyre sounds and use this custom FFB:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/atta...tmos-5-0-1-4-mod-v1-4-fix-with-yaw-txt.22280/

Copy to My Documents/AMS2, select Custom in FFB, set sliders to 85-60-40-10.