Hurray for Multi-Player

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Odd Socks, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Now before you all jump on me, I know that there is work to be done on the multi-player experience, but on Saturday I was involved in a great online race.

Twenty eight of us opted to spend 6 hours, (possibly the longest online race in AMS2 so far) of our evening to race round Daytona to rase money for a grieving family this year.

At the end of the 6 hours we had been whittled down to 15 races and none of those that left were due to disconnects.

We did have a few issues when people let the AI drive their cars, as the AI didn't cope very well with the multi-class racing, and I think a couple of people had pit issues, but having a full day / night cycle at 5 time speed was magnificent.

For those interested, here is one of the live streams;
    https://www.youtube.com/live/pLLbo4V8n2U?si=BGD5a7SUerz6xJWk

• Like Like x 8
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been partaking in the justrace.net Friday championship, in addition to a few Tuesday events when I can and I agree, it's pretty good.

I can only assume that a major part of the upcoming gui overhall will be to replace the multiplayer section with something similar to justrace.

I can't wait for that to happen as I really look forward to the possibility of organized races with multiple splits.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. Vogelaufmzaun

Vogelaufmzaun New Member

Would this still keep the easy session creation that we have currently? Cause setting up a session (be it practice or race or full race weekend) is so good currenty compared to any other sim.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, I hope they can give us the best of both worlds. GT7 has a menu for daily races (works great) and another for user created races (which is terrible by comparison).

5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hopefully the mentioned more stable dedicated server experience mentioned will mean it relies less on Steam as well, that would probably help prevent a lot of disconnection issues