I guess unpopular opinion...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by PabloL, Jun 20, 2023.

1. PabloL

PabloL New Member

Hi all, I like very much AMS2, I have all the DLCs and I thinking about this Padock club stuff, in fact for all the sims I play (iRacing, AC,ACC and AMS2) is clearly the one I enjoy more the driving experience except in GT3 (there ACC as no match I am afraid).
    But I think I have an unpopular opinion about were this wonderful sim should direct its efforts to have the success it really deserves. For what I see the general opinion there is to focus mainly in the online races, I think this is wrong... let me put an example, it would be not wise to pretend with a local warehouse store to compete with Wal-Mart, you can put a lot of effort and good work but you will never win their market or get even close. iRacing online experience is the result of decades of work, I guess a lot amount of money and resources in hardware (huge server locations, I guess expensive contracts to maintain them...), decades of fine tune of their software to address online issues and a huge mass of clients like myself. In my honest opinion if AMS2 try to go this route is condemned to fail. The little warehouse shop should not try to compete with Wal-Mart prices, but they need to look for other market, maybe specialize in high quality products or similar. In my opinion AMS2 should clearly focus in the off line experience, for a long time now they have a lot of great content, the driving experience is great, the graphics are awesome... what are you guys waiting to develop a good career mode using all that wonderful content???, instead of trying to focus in the online were you know you will never get even close with something like iRacing???. I personally play a lot to iRacing for the online, but for enjoying a good FFB in off line I use AMS2. I think Renato time ago said they will work on that at the end when the content is complete... I think you guys should work on that now, in my opinion this is the way to get more people, if you try to compete with iRacing... I will not use AMS2 for online if it hasn't similar online quality and resources like iRacing, and I think not many people would do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, in terms of better single player polish and features this is still one of the priorities. The requests to improve Multiplayer are valid due to instability issues that don't yet meet the requirements to have a mostly flawless experience why it's a priority aswell. After all -> This doesn't mean because one thing being worked on will stop the others. For example a career mode requires all features and combinations of things need to work properly and it will be eventually fleshed out enough. Laying down the groundwork to have a rounded up package is important though.

It's not about competing with other simulators here but to have a functional application as much as possible, no matter how populated it is. There is no priorization of either MP or SP, they're equally important to work properly! :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Not an unpopular opinion, just incorrect assumptions and a flawed analogy. Other than that, I think I agree with you. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't care much for online, but in this day and age a robust online experience is a must in any sports game, specially if they want to eventually port the game to consoles one day.

Also I think it's pretty evenly split between the ones that are looking for improvements in the online experience and those that are okay with how it is, maybe the online people are more vocal, but it's obvious they are like that because they enjoy the game a lot and would like to have a great time with it online.

Even though there are lots of single player features missing in the sim right now, it's completely serviceable as an offline sim at the moment IMHO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PabloL

PabloL New Member

Ok I understand.... but I still think a carrer mode will make the sim much more popular...:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. PabloL

PabloL New Member

I am working in my analogies... but the important is the idea apparently we agree

7. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it just needs a good enough MP for leagues and something like LFM to be able to use reliably, doesn't need to have iracings organization

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it is all about personal perception, but imho AMS2 offline is well more developed than online play. Not just a little bit, but much much more.

9. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Only when everything is polished and working well, what's still not the case but will be in the future i guess...

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Your analogy sucks.
    Among other things because your socalled Wallmart has a huge achilles heel.
    Because even a lot of dedicated users does admit that iRacings tire model even after so many years sucks compared against rF2, AMS2, ACC and Raceroom.
    So if just AMS2 could reinvent its lousy MP code to at least get even with these mentioned other sims then it would maybe not steal iRacings position but could at least get some of the members over to have more fun driving a sim that feels more "realistic" and intuitive.
    Than they are used to.;)

BeAware: Eventhough I have aborted my 5+ years membership I still remember the tire behaviour. :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

The servers were in place at iracing from the beginning, adding Australia a little later. It’s money, John Henry invested huge amounts and left, came back again to re invest. You’re right to some degree but if ams2 was half as big as iracing servers it would be a huge step forward. Most iracing people would at least give it a try if the MP was half decent, not the current case now

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

IRacing’s tire still suck, the lack of yaw and slip angle then the lazy death spin. You have no couth with your analogy sucks comment. Racing in ams2 online MP you’re always waiting for the bugs/crashes. I love a lot of the ams2 cars, very immersive but pretty much a hot lap sim until the MP & Leagues are polished

• Like Like x 1
  13. mansell

mansell Active Member

@OP
    as an european, i dont know why people in USA prefer walmart than the local store(s) in their neighborhood, especially if walmart is 20 times more expensive

so let me put a different examble:
    two friends are walking in the savannah when suddenly a huge lion jumps in front of them

they start running as fast as they can
    in some moment one says:
    - there is no way we can manage to escape, the lion is much faster than us...

the other replies:
    - true, but Im not trying to be faster than the lion, Im trying to be faster than you...
    ;)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’m no fan of Walmart but they’re not more
    Expensive than the local stores, meaning independents. Now the other big box stores are all about the same

15. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

@PabloL Maybe try to view it from a different angle. Every Sim racing title has a different unique feature and it is up to the player to decide on the Sim racing title depending on the players main interest. There just is no "one Sim racing title fits all". So, iRacing (and at some extend RF2) features online racing (with driver change) but also comes with a hefty price tag, RaceRoom features the European Motorsport scene, ACC features GT3/4 and last AMS2 features the Brasilian Motorsport scene as well as historic Motorsport. In a way, you can't compare all the Sim racing titles with each other do to the unique features and in each of the Sim racing titles you will find things you like and things you don't like.
    In the end, nothing in the World is perfect...... ;)

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is literally the only joke I know and I roll it out on occasions

• Like Like x 1
  17. mansell

mansell Active Member

lol, it can fit in many occasions
    in this thread, if OP replace the lion with walmart (or with iracing) and friends with some local stores (or with AMS2 and rF2/raceroom/ACC) it will fit like a glove :p

18. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Hey, dont get me wrong but it looks like you dont have any idea about server costs for online multiplayer. Maybe it was expensive to do 15 years ago, but with new tech it's not.
    I am talking from the experience of running hundreds if not thousand race sessions within current month :p

I dont think that disouraging people with your strange analogy is fair move. Story of David and Goliath teach us something totally different ;)

You're trying to reach your own goals by downsizing other people, I dont think it's nice...

But hey, at least someone from Reiza has responded to you, I wasnt so lucky last time :(

EDIT
    i would totally dig single player career mode, but i dont dig the way you are asking for your favorite features ;)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  19. David Castiñeiras

David Castiñeiras New Member

It's not too much to ask either, I think a few scheduled daily races and a matchmaking system consistent with a decent driver's license, just with that, and a career mode, I don't ask for more....