I’m getting so frustrated with this title

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dan ‘welshmsport’ Lewis, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Dan ‘welshmsport’ Lewis

Dan ‘welshmsport’ Lewis New Member

Deddi servers have completely broken in recent weeks. Spent weeks doing admin organising a team championship only for the servers to **** the bed. Excuse my language but i’m getting beyond frustrated with this now! Do we even have a dedicated Fault logging thread yet? Are reiza even taking this seriously? Personally i want to see this sorted prior to dropping anymore content as we really need to make the most of the popularity the title has gained, but i fear most will be scared away by the many issues plaguing MP right now.

Bearing in mind all this from an ams2 fanboy who doesn’t particularly drive other sims… Welshmsport in game.

• Agree x 5
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Savagepaddy

Savagepaddy New Member

I second this, I love ams2 and rarely drive another sim. The content is great but the multiplayer bugs are really pushing people away! I'd try fix these issues before dropping any more content - the player numbers lately have been massive lately bit are dwindling as a result of such an unstable multiplayer - its so frustrating!... ams2 has the potential to be great but is plagued with disconnections and instability online. I understand you guys were waiting till the sim was at a certain level before fleshing out the single player campaign & multiplayer online rating systems until you reached a certain point within ams2! I feel with your latest phsics overhaul the sim is at that level - it's time to fix some of these issues now! I fear your gonna lose your loyal fan base if you don't remedy these problems - instability issues will steer people to other titles & our community loses members regularly who can't suffer these frustrating problems any more?... please don't take this as hate as I truly adore ams2 and there's a great sim under the multitude of issues! I know renato and the team could solve these problems! Waiting till 2025 before tackling these issues will be too late for many! Adding more content is great & all but content is not the issue - please, please, please fix these bugs also can we have the bug reporting tool & a post to the fans on how to use it!...

Thanks for all your hard work & I love ams2 - I know it can be one of the top sim titles out there if you could fix the multiplayer bugs & then give us online ranked racing schedule and a single player mode too!... I truly believe if reiza fixed these issues they would see ams2 rise massively in popularity!...

People come for the content & leave due to the bugs...

Our community's represent a few thousand racers between them & all of our members feel the same way! We love ams2 and know there's a fantastic sim under the bugs & issues - i know you guys listen to the community, i hope you hear this... thanks

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This needs moving to the AMS2 discussion board admins, as that is where is was intended to be:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Julien Desnos

Julien Desnos New Member

Same here. Fixing the multiplayer issues should be the number one priority !

I have done a couple of user created lobbies recently with some friends who plays other sims (AC, RF2, iracing) and we had some random disconnects and start light sync issues causing DQ/DT, i can tell you some of them won't come back because of this.

But this is nothing compared to what i have seen recently with dedicated server, that's simple we can't even race !

This game has some amazing content but it's a wasted potentiel if the multiplayer stays in it current state.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. GogglesPaesano

GogglesPaesano Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been tolerant of the MP shortcomings, but they've been getting worse lately.

1) I'm seeing many more unsynched starts lately, where people are getting green lights at different times. The people that 'leave early' are getting penalized and the race is ruined before it even starts. 15 min practice. 15 min qualify all wasted a soon as the race starts.

2) Lobbies failing to advance are increasing in frequency. 25 guys stuck in a lobby after qualifying and practice is unacceptable

3) AI in multiplayer still drive down the straights with their wheels turned

This game has been out for 3 years. How can it not be addressed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I think it was Renato a few upd info back who commented on all the complaints against the MP state.
    They are working on it and know its a problem in this game.
    But he didnt sound like MP will be the strongest part of AMS2 - ever.
    Thats my interpretation of his quite bland and honest info of this part of the game.

8. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

TBH it doesn't need to be a fully fledged iRacing system. I don't think anyone is expecting that. Just a couple of the big bugs in the dedicated server being fixed would help massively. The disconnect on transition between sessions seems to be the one causing the most problems, followed by being unable to reconnect if you get disconnected before the race starts. I'm aware that those might be pretty horrible bugs to fix, but getting those two done would help massively.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I miss 1 for me important thing in AMS2 Multiplayer which the dev's could fix,
    I really want a profile that saves my Multiplayer Settings, that aren't influenced by joining lobbies with other settings, So there wouldn't be the need to make all the settings over and over again.
    And 1 less important thing, I would like cars that didn't qualify start from the pit.
    One thing I really like is the disability to join ongoing races,

More important for me, Things players could improve to make me join more races.
    stop using default setup.
    only use authentic driving aids
    Use different cars and circuits, In my case more formula cars and less GT and less grade-A circuits
    and use long enough qualifying to give me the possibility to join the race

It is indeed frustrating to see that most of that great content and fantastic features are not used in many multiplayer races,
    Usually I go through the list without seeing an interesting race, which I can still participate in

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

He also said that Ams2 will never be what other platforms are with MP

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tinez

Tinez New Member

Nothing you've mentioned is relevant to this topic. Dedicated servers are suffering massively since the recent updates, that is what this topic is about.

Everything you've mentioned is related to public lobbies.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

I find it incredible that after three years, this game doesn't have at least an acceptable multiplayer mode, doesn't Reiza realize that she's alienating players? There's no point in having a huge amount of content if it can't be used. On the day that, for example, LFM manages to launch AMS 2 on its system, the simulator changes levels. Wake up Reiza!!!

• Agree x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. BrunoB

It isnt that simple.
    And probably not because Reiza hasnt realized its a problem for a modern racing game.
    The problem is that the fundamentals in the AMS2 MP system was allready decided in the orig Madness engine in pCars2. And when Reiza bought this Mad engine the MP system was a forced passenger.
    Centralized vs Decentralized vs Distributed Systems · Berty Technologies

14. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for putting this point of view, I hadn't thought about that, I understand that if there is a problem with the engine, it should be communicated by Reiza so that expectations are managed, a transparent process avoids this type of questioning.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BrunoB

To the contrary of most other game devs (all?) then the head of the development of AMS2 Simioni has revealed several times that one of the weak points in this game is probably the MP.
    This is pretty easy to find in some of Simionis latest dev reports. :whistle:

ByTheWay: Conserning "transparent process" then its the same situation. No other game devs does probably communicate so open about what is going on in the game developing process.
    So..:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3