Indy 500, Speedproblem

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by shillen, May 19, 2024.

1. shillen

shillen New Member

Hi guys,
    we´re in May, it´s Indy-time! ;-) The last couple of days I have practiced for the race. Of course I´m comparing the sim-performance to the real one. And there is something wrong. The real cars reach top speeds on the straightaways of >230 mph. In the sim I can´t get beyond the 225mph-mark. And that´s withouit any wing settings, both front an rear wings are set to zero!
    Are there any known issues of the game with oval racing?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, have you tried also reducing engine cooling, neutralizing rake and putting weight jacker to 0 on straights?
    There is a physics overhaul in the making, top speed can be reviewed, this years entry indeed showed incredible top speed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's also worth pointing out that the cars run a higher turbo boost pressure during qualifying for the Indy 500 than they do for the race. From the Indycar website:

Maximum Boost Pressure (above atmosphere): 1300 mbar (Superspeedways); 1500 mbar (short ovals, Road/Street Courses and Indianapolis 500 qualifying); 1650 mbar (Push-To-Pass)​

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JohnH

JohnH Member

Car can easily hit 240mph in quali trim, the default setup just isn´t good for indy. With a little bit of tinkering with the gears, ride heights, tyre pressures and cooling I could consistently hit 386-388kph at the end of the back straight. In more skilled hands 390+ kph should be possible