1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same hereā€¦cannot wait for the physics on the BMW M1 and the Porsche RSR 74.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the update. I expanded post #993 and added the more recent suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

'Twas a silly mistake on my end, the values didn't have the period before the numbers, I thought I had fixed it but the file I "fixed" was the one in my documents folder, not the one in the game :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. EverlastingApex

EverlastingApex Procedural Career dev

If someone was to add a mod car to AMS2, would you be able to add it to the grid with a custom XML file?

5. Tornado

Tornado New Member

no... as I know mod-cars can be added to the game by Jsgme (Generic Mod enabler) or AMS2 Content manager

6. Mazdaspeed

I don't fully understand your question, is it if it's possible to do a custom AI for mod cars? If so, yes you can. If it's to basically "port" a car to the game via XML no, you can't. What you can do via the in game files is change a car class, so if you want the VRC cars racing in the same class as the GT1's for instance, yes you can.

7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Do the values for reliability work for all car classes?
    I am asking, because I have a custom file for GT Open. To test, I gave some drivers extremely low values (-9 and -10), set mechanical failures to "Sync to race", but it had no effect, these drivers finished the race without issues.
    When I do something like that with some open wheelers, the drivers would retire in early stages of the race.

8. Mazdaspeed

They should, but the mean time of the modern GT cars should be extremely high, as those cars are extremely reliable nowadays.
    It would be nice if the opening post could be updated with the reliability range info of all the cars and not just the Formula, BMW Procar and GroupC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

What happens if we add fake values such as

<age>31</age>

Does the parser recognize the valid personality values and ignores the extra xml elements or does it expect only the xml elements defined in OP?

10. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It parses valid xml parameters correctly but ignores unknown elements.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. LordSnetterton

LordSnetterton New Member

Same here. Everybody is on softs all the time and worse, nobody ever has to pit (mandatory pit stops off).

12. Mazdaspeed

Unfortunately nope, you could try and use a .01 value on tire management to the AI cars to see if that does something to accelerate their tire wear, haven't really tested that value myself as most of my long races have been with the Vintages, which have almost no tire wear. I recommend Lux Mundi custom drivers tool with John Ellis Names, you can edit drivers extremely easy and fast that way.

Let's hope that with the 1.5 update being such a milestone on the tire and physics side, Reiza can shift focus on core features like fine tuning the AI wear and stuff.

13. LordSnetterton

LordSnetterton New Member

Thanks, I tried the .01 setting but unfortunately the race turned out to be the same. Until mandatory pit stops are fixed, I guess the only option is to turn tire wear off. I really hope Reiza can improve the AI.

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

On ovals, the custom file has not much effect. When you do a race without pit stops, the AI stays within a pack the whole race in most car classes.

15. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

16. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Hey guys

I'm having an issue when running a multi-class race where one class has custom drivers, and the other doesn't. It seems the class with the custom drivers gets prescedent and only those cars spawn in. Anyone familiar with this?

17. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're right afaik - it prioritises custom AI drivers. So unless you use classes that all have custom AI, or all have default AI you'll probably not get the expected mix in multi-class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Did not mean Multiclass. Also within a class it has not much effect.

19. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure what you mean - the post I responded to specifically asked about multi-class. What's the issue within a class you are referring to?

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You set your post underneath mine, without quoting another. So I thought you were responding to me. :whistle:

But for example F_Classic_Gen 4: Custom AI works fine on road tracks, but when switching to ovals like Fontana or Indy, the V12's and the two MP4/6 will be in front even with low values within the file. And than, they stay within a pack, drivers with very low values can keep up with the guys with high ones.